Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pdc

Options
  • 11-07-2003 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Does any of the uk broadcasters on sky have PDC?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This page (old) seems to indicate that channel 4 does on digi satellite (which is bugger all good to you if you don't have C4 but there you go).

The relevant BBC page has info for analog but nothing for digital satellite.

If anyone (calling watty:)) has any info on this I'd be quite interested as the box my VCR came in has VPS/PDC listed as a feature. I assume most VCRs do but it's now important to me:D

(never seemed to work on Chorus but I may have been in non-technical mode when I checked)

(dammit, this is the reason my VCR clock is always wrong isn't it?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Channel 4 does use PDC on Dsat,
    BBC doesnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Dunno exact reason they don't do PDC mostly on satellite.

Depending on SCART, VHS model, direction of wind etc, the Sky Personal planner *CAN* initiate VHS recorder start stop. Never tried it though.

Also *SOME* VHS can actually emit IR remote signal to select the correct channel on a Satellite Receiver!

The only totally fool proof method seems to be tio sit and watch TV and press record.

I usuall simply set tape to start 2 minutes early (running very early is very rare) and edit the Videoplus seting after entry for 15 minutes extra time (as running late more common).

Ditto on direct hard disk scheduled timer recordings off satellite on my PC, which makes no mention of any PDC. Nor does it do video plus. But it does have the Gypsy Media Diguide, which makes the Sky EPG guide look feeble (does all the radio in detail).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Tony has a little gadget called the phantom PVR on his site here . This allows you to set a programme in the planner and the video will automatically record it (uses autoview).

Advertisement