Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hellfire Club - Need Directions

• 11-07-2003 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Lo peeps

Me and my bro are going up to
    Hellfire club camping, Howl at the moon,drink beer,summon
    satan, etc,normal night out:D

We tried to find it last week but ended up in Glencullen:mad:

How do I get from Blackrock in Dublin to
    the Hellfire Club?

I know there is a turn off in Rathfarnham? is that right?

along th 115 I heard....

Help, we is lost!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Ive heard alot of satanic masses and orgies go on up there, i'd watch out if i was you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

do a google search, sum pretty funkin wierd stuff up at that place
    true or not, i dont really mind!

The one wierd thing that did happen was they dug up the skeleton of a dwarf from under the main floor during
    the 80's.

no one knows what/why/how/when......

If Juno75 dont post after this weekend then you
    know where to send the SWAT team:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

The hellfire club is not one place to go to - specially if you're from blackrock if yea know what I mean
    A load of scumbags go up there, junkies do stop by's there and lets not forget the robbed cars who don't give a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭SlimShady

Ive heard alot of satanic masses and orgies go on up there, i'd watch out if i was you.

Make no mistake. That place is not to be ****ed with. You come across utter scum on your way up there...Masseys woods is full of scum at times.

Its incredibly scary at night. Its just one incredibly freaky place. Why you would want to go up there to get pissed is beyond me? Its pitch black. It is supernatural up there...scary ****.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

As far as i know its on any OS map of the area. Anybody find one online ??

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

As fair as I know, there a rave gona happen there the end of this month.. :D

cheers chaps.

No directions yet.....

To clarify - I am currently livin in Blackrock after 6 years
    livin in city centre (I aint no middle class type)

Knackers? - bring em on.

Nah, I just wanna have a goo at the place after hearin so much
    sh!te about it. Maybe wise to avoid campin if its a car burn out kinda place.

That still leaves the devil and cider

gimmi directions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

It's on Mount Montpelier.

A History

It's on the R115. Head South from Dublin. Pull into the car park with the big sign saying "Hellfire Club".

Originally posted by Jaden
    It's on Mount Montpelier.

A History

It's on the R115. Head South from Dublin. Pull into the car park with the big sign saying "Hellfire Club".

If you have a map, then that's the best advice.

If you don't.....drive to Knocklyon. With the Knocklyon Esso Garage on your left, take the second left after it. Then keep going till you hit a roundabout. Straight through the roundabout, a good bit down a narrow potholey road, and then take the very sketchy first right turn.

Keep driving for quite some distance. Don't take any turn-offs. Eventually you'll driving up a pretty steep road, with a long white wall lining it all the way up on your RHS. A few hundred metres later, you'll see the 'The Shed Man' on your LHS and another few metres later you'll see a hotel/pub/B&B thingie on your RHS, called Killakee House. Another few metres up, there'll be a carpark on the right, that's about 6 feet above the road, and surrounded by trees. That's the hellfire club carpark.

If you see a tiny dirt carpark on your left, and sharp right turn immediately ahead, you've gone a bit too far - that's the Massey's forest carpark.
    If you come out after a big climb to see a bigish dirt carpark on your right, fantastic views on your left and a Y junction directly ahead of you, you've come about 1K too far.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I'll try to put ye out of yer misery.

Do ye know yer way to tallaght at all??

well if ye do you head up the old bawn road, go past old bawn shopping centre and take a right for oldcourt road. Keep going to the end of that road until you come to a T junction. Take a right on to Killakee road & about 1/2 mile to a mile up that road on the right had side is the entrance to the Hellfire club.

Then ye have walk up to the top of the hill.

Not just get an O.S. map ??

naaa, easier making you guys figure it out for me;)

Thanks for all the replys and the history, I've been livin in Dublin
    for years now and just never got round to seeing this place.
    Me likes all things creepy/odd.

I get the impression from Dub's like 'what ya wanna go up there for??'

A.Because it's there

Kool and the gang, roll on the weekend, now where I
    put my black cat/ouija board and that goat???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by juno75
    I get the impression from Dub's like 'what ya wanna go up there for??'

A.Because it's there
    Mallory said that as an answer to "Why do you want to climb Everest?" the guts of 100 years ago.

They only found his body recently

I was there years ago (I was about 9 at the time). End of a hike. Or half-way of a hike really (feckers made us walk back as well)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I was there twice when i was a teen, If i remember right its an old shell of a building and thats about it... walk up to a hill.. nice walk at least and thats about it... Might as well find any wrecked old building.. one thats safer from scumbags!!