Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Series 2 FTV cards Questions

Options
  • 11-07-2003 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭

Ok i know we are still in the dont know phase but some questions?

1. Series 2 cards will last until SKY upgrade again and but will they recieve ITV,C4 and C5?
    Read it somewhere that they will last as its only series 1 cards that are being switched off

2. If i leave my FTV card out of the box for a month and it loses the channels. Will it pick them up again. I mena is there anyone looking after that S2 cards technicial support etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Icehouse

Yawn.
    1) Until such time as an official announcement that something has changed, ITV, Channel 4 and five remain free to view, despite the rumours.

2) AFAIK a signal is sent from time to time by the satellite telling the box 'The following cards are authorised to watch..." Your card is in the list so it should reactivate.

3) There are many threads on this subject already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

It's not really a switch off, it is just that all of the encrpytion systems are being upgraded and the older version 1 cards won't work with this updated system.
    It looks like theres going to be a blanket inoperability of the old cards fairly soon.
    You can still obtain a version 2 FTV card by getting a UK friend to get you a minimum sub package for a month and then cancelling. However, how long this scheme lasts is anybodys guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

I have two digiboxes. Do the new FTV cards give you ITV, C4 & 5 on an unmarried box? (As was the case with the old ones)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭corkviewer

Bump!

Good question - does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I'll check this later and let you know. I would assume that it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

If it does, it would mean that once a series 2 FTV card is married to one box that it will work in all others.

BBC's are all FTA anyway
    ITV, C4 & five would work on the card in any box.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The card (FTV or elapsed sub) does work in any box for ITV, C4 and five.

There is a report of a card wich had ITV "married". This might be a mistake, faulty card, special or a test. No-one knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Series 2 type FTV cards will work in any box now & give you all the channels with what ever reigon BBC you got it from as 101 & 102,until the 29 july when they will change to BBC1;BBC2 London.This is also when all the BBC reigons will appear on the EPG.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Is it much too late to order a S2 FTV card?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Your a bit late cloud. they stopped sending them out ages ago and they stopped activating them when they went FTA.

You might be able pick up one for sale but i cant imagine anyone selling one.

The activation only links the BBC channels to a box so ITV,C4,C5 will work on any box.As far as i know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Yes I just started getting the dreaded "This channel will soon blah blah blah" message yesterday - oh well, the one good thing is that when BBCs go on the EPG and I pull out my card, I won't be tortured by all those channels I don't have anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Cloud, you will have to place some card (Reverse the FTV card) in the slot to get rid of the previous epg that was displayed. A digibox now defaults to the previous epg when no card is in the slot.

Advertisement