Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chapter Three: Hey this is Good even if i do say so Myself, What Do You all Think????

Options
  • 31-07-2000 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

You can view
    Chapter One here

You can view
    Chapter Two here

Connors watched what might possibly be Earths only hope pull away in the Limo that was his private car, sighed and slowly turned back to return to the briefing room where he knew they would only squabble over how many of their own lives they could save…

He scuffed his feet against the ground in front of the P.D.U Headquarters, he felt small, he felt…insignificant; no…out of place, what was meant to happen? He wanted to scream, but what was worse he wanted someone to come along and tell him everything would be alright and that he wasn’t to worry, he ran his hands along the gun that rested in its holster by his right hip, some small semblance of reassurance returned but he still could not shake the immense feeling of helplessness.
    He looked down; he was in a state, he had not been home for a shower or change of clothes in days, nor had he slept, he looked at the grass…. So appealing, so simplistically appealing, its smell was so comforting; it offered nothing but restful thoughts, it harboured no illusions of a place of safety nor did it engender fear or danger, and it asked for nothing it was merely there…waiting………….
    Neil Connors; lieutenant of Earths finest air Corps Division, husband and father of two… lay down on his piece of grass and he cried…

Walker sat back; he looked behind him and noticed Connors’ watching him leave. He sighed deeply. Connors wanted assurances that he could simply not give; he wanted the reassurance of knowing that there was a way out. In hindsight it might have been worthwhile to have given him some sort of hope, even if it was false. He pulled out the scans from Huble again, and another sigh left him. Was there any point?? He had always known that he was born for one purpose and that feeling was never more apparent than in the last few hours, but he was being given a task akin to Moses leading the Israelites out of Egypt; except he knew he possessed no godlike powers but he still had to lead the people of Earth to a new freedom, one where their ancient enemy no longer hold a stranglers grip over them.

He closed his eyes and remembered the stories told to him by his grandfather, feats of heroics and dangerous missions obviously exaggerated, but what actually happened never changed. He smiled as he remembered how his grandfather started every story…

“You see little Jonathon, we had been under the rule of the “ “ for centuries, yet never at any point did we succumb to their rule, we fought them every step of the way, when we had no guns we fought them with our head, we refused to mine for them, we refused to be their slaves, we made their lives a living misery in any way we could. But in return they killed us by the hundreds, each and every day, but still we refused to be their slaves, we denied them the satisfaction of seeing us defeated, you understand me Johnny, they conquered us but they never defeated us, hahaha, then the day came when it was out turn………”

It was at this point every time that Granddad always became quiet, unusual to his jumpy self when telling his war stories….

“Yes our turn came, I remember it as clear as day… we all woke up, there must have been hundreds of us, we had spent years escaping from all their forced mining camps until we had reached a big enough number to pose a threat to them. I stood up and looked around me on that day, and I’ll tell you something for nothing; I could have died a happy man right there and then for what I saw. It was my fellow people from every race, country and creed standing and preparing to fight our common enemy.

Everything that day went as we had planned, we attacked the first camp and over-ran it completely in under an hour. You see they made the mistake of underestimating us, they never planned for a rebellion so they never bothered to think defensively, they thought so little of us that attack seemed so foreign to them. We had thought of everything that we could have been expected to think of, but not one of us thought of the ship that they had in orbit, that kind of technology was unknown to us, we didn’t even know that they had come in a ship until later that week.

As we attacked each encampment we had more and more people with us and the people we freed from each camp joined us in attacking the next, before the end of that first day we had freed almost every encampment this side of the Atlantic Ocean. It was over the next few days that we started to find it harder to fight, we found ourselves up against more and more soldiers than we expected, but each time we still overcame and won the battle. Finally we realised what we were up against when in one of the final encampments we discovered some prisoners who spoke of being taken to another place that was not on earth where there were many more “
    “.
    But as we were deciding on how to attack them in their spaceship one evening, an enormous explosion in the sky blinded us. Their spaceship fell to earth like a broken up asteroid, we were victorious. Later we discovered that some of our people on the spaceship had discovered we had started a rebellion so they destroyed the ship from the inside, we know not how this was done for the few who escaped from the ship as it was destroyed did not live long enough to pass on what they knew. But even if they had; ‘would we have cared’ I ask myself every day, for we had won, we had defeated the evil that had plagued us for centuries and for the time being there would be only rejoicing.

“We’re here sir” Jonathon awoke.

“We’re here sir” his driver repeated, John sat up, a wry smile on his face as he remembered his grandfather, a great man. But things were different now he thought as he perused the scans from Huble yet again.

“Yes Grandfather things are different this time around”, whispered Walker to himself as he looked at the twelve scan images, each showing a different ship of equal size and virtually identical to the remnants of the one stored in a government warehouse in Military Science Headquarters. He smiled to himself. So they had returned, but this time it looked as though they had come prepared…

Chapter Four should be here soon, stay tuned….

Wyverne

[This message has been edited by Wyverne (edited 31-07-2000).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

oooooooooooooooh

ur really starting to fly through it smile.gif

Yossarian Lives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jesus

Keep up the good work my son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

Most enjoyable .... i'll wait for the next one anyway !!!

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

Advertisement