Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Status of light blue type 1 Sky cards

Options
  • 10-07-2003 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Well, it is now July 10th and the BBC channels have begun to broadcast in the clear. The rumours in some circles were that Channel 4 would be unavailable FTV from today as well. So far, on my FTV card, that rumour seems to have been false.

I thought it would be useful to have this thread to keep track of who has what cards and what error messages they get / what channels they lose, if any in the next while....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darby OGill

I have a Sep. 2002 London FTV card. No messages/problems this morning or so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Generation 1 cards will be switched off starting next month according to the BBC website.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Icehouse
    The rumours in some circles were that Channel 4 would be unavailable FTV from today as well. So far, on my FTV card, that rumour seems to have been false.
    That was always a non-starter. Their Sky contract doesn't run out for a few years yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Peter

Last Monday for a few hours, we started getting a message on ITV1 Granada saying that this service will soon end. This was using our version 1 FTV card from Manchester. Nothing since then though.

Peter

Advertisement