Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a UK sub

Options
  • 09-07-2003 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what is involved in setting up a sky UK sub? I presume UK contact fills out contract and posts to sky but:

A/ Can payment be made by (my) credit card
    B/ Can I use my current digibox (my contacts says he wats a second sub) will the phone line cause an issue here?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

Yes you can use a credit card. I just got a new subscription in and said I had moved back to the UK. I have never had the phone connected and it cannot phone out as the no starts 0800.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Icehouse

Your contact cannot get a card for you as a 'second sub' - The terms and contracts state that to avail of a second sub reduced rate both Digiboxes must be connected to the same phone line.

If I take out a Sky UK sub by telephone/credit card, do they send a contract to sign??

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

Yes they send you a contract. My friend in Bournemouth sent to me and I mailed it back to Sky from here a few days later the card arrived. My friend sent it on and that was it. I've had my UK sub for over 2 years.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Likewise, I had rang Sky from Ireland (0044-8702-404040 I think) and requested a "second hand subscription" telling them I already had a box for years. So they sent my UK contact a subscription to fill in (it was partially filled as I was asked on the phone what subscription I'd like) and when contract was returned, the card arrived a few days later.

Things you will need to hand:

Your UK contacts Name and, very importantly, the postcode. Phone number isn't necessary.

Your Credit Card details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Folks,

Thanks for the info. What I need to do is:

1/ Ring sky (0044-8702-404040) and requested a "second hand subscription" and tell them I already have a box. I presume I must take off caller ID on my phone.

2/ Give me UK contacts Name and address/postcode and the contract will be sent there. And give my credit card detials.

3/ Get my contact to send me the contract - fill it out - and send it back.

4/ Get him to send on the card when it arrives.

One other question.... I presume I use my name at his address for the contract so I can use my credit card? I presume the contract couldn't be under my contacts name and payment made using my credit card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement