Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky+ Question

Options
  • 09-07-2003 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

If you buy a new Sky+ box just for FTA use, the box never having had a Sky card in it at all, does the recording functionality work for the FTA channels. I know if you are a Sky Digital subscriber, it does not work unless you pay the monthly extra fee for it, but I'm not sure what's the story with a Sky+ box purely for FTA. Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

quick answer: no
    i think you have to pay the monthly sky+ subscription for the recording feature to work

your sky subscription for whatever package are a seperate matter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

A Sky+ box for FTA only is next to pointless. The recording features will not work at all unless you pay the €15 charge, are a Sky subscriber and hook it up to a phoneline as well.

If you didn't want the recording feature - you can use it for Dolby Digital 5.1 on the movie channels though (if you subscribe to them of course!).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

In UK you can have a Sky+ *ONLY* sub. i.e. The sub allows recording of FTA.

No sub, no recording at all. Pity.

If the "recording" rental is halving in price it is a step in correct direction.

It's a bit like buying a PC and discovering you have to pay MS monthly for ever to be allowed to save files.

(I hope Bill doesn't read this forum)

Advertisement