Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky News Active "Full Screen"

Options
  • 08-07-2003 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Source http://skydigital.mediabullet.co.uk/

08/07/03 Sky News Active to become "Full-screen Active"
    Sky News have exclusively informed SDO about new changes taking place on Sky News Active from tomorrow. The Sky News Active menu which can be accessed via the red button on the news channel will allow viewers' to watch full screen videos on demand from the already eight screens available. Full-screen Active is the latest innovation from the BAFTA award-winning news channel. Currently, the eight screens only expand to a quarter of the new size. Steve Bennedik, Head of Sky News Interactive, said: "Going full screen is a natural progression for Sky News Active, one that will enhance the viewing experience. Our interactive services continue to lead the field and we are committed to finding new ways for those that wish to self-select their news." Sky News "Full-screen Active" will allow the same output including the latest headlines, business, sport and showbiz news. The new change takes place tomorrow. Pictures to follow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

And rather good it looks too. The "behind the scenes" screen doesn't have the full-screen option however!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

ya, no Sky Centre Full Screen. I was lookin forward to seeing the gallery in full screen , ah well. Still Great
    well done Sky!!
    News Rocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it's looking well but it is a bit grainy every now and again. no more almost blind people asking me what the weather forecast looks like, now they can look at it themselves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

i appreciate how you can remove the ticker ... mmm .... but how do you get it back, should you want ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by parasite
    i appreciate how you can remove the ticker ... mmm .... but how do you get it back, should you want ?
    As far as I can see you have to drop out of sky active and go back in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Pressing the red button brings up a menu. You can scroll down and select "Ticker On".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I never noticed that the Sky Gallery screen had audio as well - it's kind of intresting to hear the presenters & the guys in the gallery chatting.

The audio cuts out though when they go to a commercial break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Originally posted by jdempsey
    I never noticed that the Sky Gallery screen had audio as well - it's kind of intresting to hear the presenters & the guys in the gallery chatting.

The audio cuts out though when they go to a commercial break.

This must be new/a mistake. Before now they had the sound from Sky News proper.

Also note that during a break, Sky News via News Active now has the appropriate ads (i.e. Irish ads for an Irish card), unless you are using the thumbnail mode. They are obviously just using the normal channel feed for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

just to clear it up

They only broadcast live sound from the gallery from
    11pm to 11.30pm. a measly half hour in qauter screen!
    And some nights it's not even on.Whenever they feel.

id start a campaign to get the skycentre screen "full screen"....
    but i couldn't be bothered , lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement