Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay to view Comics

Options
  • 08-07-2003 9:05am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering about people's opinion on this

www.comicsontheweb.com
    have a subscription based service ~ $20 pa, to view their comics.
    These are from the Crossgen collection which I have read before and liked, ie "Ruse", "Path".
    Has anyone signed up for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I am willing, and regularly do, pay for comics on paper but for some reason, paying for online content is anathema to me. Twenty dollars isn't much but credit cards are hassle and there are so many good free comics online already. Plus, when you buy a book or magazine, you get to keep them forever. I suppose you could store the cartoons in your compu but that would be a pain, sorting them and all. Of course, the fact that my 56k modem makes downloading images an extreme test of patience is probably another factor in my reluctance to do this.

So, no, obviously, I, at least, have not signed up for this.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Much of the appeal of comics to me is the collecting, an aspect that would be missing from paytoview comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Well considering that I am more of a collector these days than a reader (only some comics attract my attention to the story) and the fact that I won't buy a second print comic or a TPB, i'd have to say I wouldn't be interested in pay to view comics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

I'm in there with simu, its the collecting makes it happen for me. I like being able to just pick up an old favourite, and saving on the computer would mean i'd have to turn on a computer and try to find it. ....stinks of effort

Advertisement