Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&C Generals Online

Options
  • 07-07-2003 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Basically, How do you play this game online.

Do I have to register, or will my ea registration do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

to be more specific here are the ingame errors that I

get.

When I click Login:
    That nickname/email combo does not exist. If you wish to create an account, click on Create Account.

Then I click on Create account and it says that the password that I have entered is incorrect.

Any idea's

Oh, I also got this game second hand. Does this matter do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jrrt

Strange, heres how I play online, go to multiplayer, online,

Then I fill in my nick, email, password and Date of birth, click on create account, then it creates it, I do the same except click on login once the account is already created, Its a pain having to enter your Dob all the time but it makes you....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

Right thats a bug that's found on some systems (mine included).
    It was fixed in a patch 2 days after the release of the game. If it isn't auto updating for you, check the CnC website for a patch/fix.

I have the 1.05 patch so I assume that's ok

I'll just try to enter some different details to see if that works.

Out of curisoity, did you guys register the game just after you installed it?

OK, I have gotten into the lobby once or twice but that's about it.

My previous errors have been sorted. My problem now is that I can't connect to generals online when I click Login. Any ideas?

• Advertisement

What error does it give?

one thing that might be the problem is that Generals doesnt tolerate Firewalls at all. Sometimes you may get into the lobby but usually won't allow you to connect to other players.
    You can try setting up the firewall in one of the option screens or try disabling it totally. If that aint it i dont really know.

sorry about that I tried to reply earlier but for some reason I couldn't

I have finally gotten the game to work online. The problem was with my ip. Generals automatically choses my lan ip as my online ip. So each time I wan't to play I have to change that.

Thanks for the help anyway folks.

So now that I am online, does anyone want to play some 1v1?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭preytec

i'll play bullman

Originally posted by preytec
    i'll play bullman

Sound

As for Generals online now that I've played it for a bit.

What is the story with disconnections. Why is it that when the person that I am playing disconnects, it doesn't show my game as a win, but instead classes me as a disconnect too. My ratio is terrible. Already I have 9 disconnects. 2 of these where legitimate, when I was having teething problems at the start. And the rest is from people disconnecting on me.

All I can say is wtf?

It just happened again.

This time the guy I was playing even went as far as to make an excuse

We where playing along grand the whole way through the game, when just as I am about to launch my attack he goes
    my ******* Fire

and that was it. Disconnection screen comes up. Counts down to zero. I am declared victorious. My persona doesn't get credited with the victory, but I get another disconnect.

I have to say that this is seriously pissing me off at this stage. Nobody is going to want to play someone with more disconnects than victories. Pissed off I am

• Advertisement

that disconnection thing is when they hit alt+f4

it oesnt count as a loss or disconnect....you should still get the win tho unless your playing the quick game in which case i dont know.

New patch released tomoz (YEAY FINALLY) to fix some of the bugs. Download it at 7gmt :)

Thats the worst thing. It doesn't count as a win for me. Maybe its because i wasn't hosting the server.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

The patch is available now,here : ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/eapacific/generals/generals/DownloadablePatches/

U might be intrested in change #2 Bullman

v1.06 Changes :

1. FIREWALLPORTOVERRIDE INI ENTRY - repaired this entry so it functions correctly. See section 2.1 of the Readme for more information on using this INI entry.

2. ALT-F4 MULTIPLAYER EXPLOIT - Quitting the game during a multiplayer match using Alt-F4, as well as Ctrl-Alt-Delete or the Alt-Tab menu, will now correctly give the user a disconnect stat.

3. CHINESE AND KOREAN IME WINDOW ORDER - Re-prioritized the Korean and Chinese IME windows on the Save/Load screen so they now sort on top of all other windows.

4. SCUD STORM ANTHRAX BETA BUG - GLA’s Scud Storm now has the correct damage radius when upgraded with Anthrax Beta.

5. CHINA GATTLING TANK BUG - China’s Gattling Tank now correctly moves slower when it is damaged.

6. MULTIPLAYER LOBBIES – The lobbies have been renamed to allow people to congregate based on the type of game they want to play, not their region. These lobbies are:

• 1 vs 1
    • 2 vs 2
    • 3 vs 3
    • 4 vs 4
    • Free4All
    • ClanWars
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • N America
    • No Supers
    • Mod Maps
    • Newbies

7. GENERAL BALANCING ISSUES:
    • China’s Gattling weapons now require Line of sight to fire.
    • China’s MiG cost increased from 1000 to 1200.
    • China’s MiG Armor cost increased from 500 to 1000.
    • US’s Cold Fusion Reactor Control Rod upgrade cost decreased from 800 to 500.

8. QUICKMATCH RESOLUTION – The resolution for QuickMatch games is no longer limited to 800x600.

9. BEHIND BUILDINGS GRAPHIC - Addressed a problem where unit occlusion was causing people with older video cards to see invisible units.

10. ALTERNATE MOUSE INTERFACE - Added feature to allow players to play with “right click action” interface. Movement and actions are handled via right click on the mouse. Also changed arrow keys to support map scrolling.

11. GEFORCE FX GLITCH - Fixed a glitch that caused some graphics corruption to appear for owners of NVIDIA's GeForce FX video cards.

12. CRASH FIX – Fixed a crash that occurred when you disable the “behind buildings” feature in the advanced options, exit the game, re-enable the feature in the advanced options, and then load a map.

13. CHEAT HACKS – Fixed the ability for players to cheat by giving themselves automatic build, upgrade, and Generals powers buttons. Also fixed the ability for players to hack their Generals points in multiplayer games.

Well im off to try it out now.:D

CombatCow

yeah good news for me. Well it should be.

After my update I can't connect to generals online. Just my luck :mad:

Not to worry, got online eventually. I like the new interface. Chosing whay type of game to play instead of locale is good imo.

Unfortunatly I still seem to be having hassle with the disconnection. Tonight 2 people disconnected on me. Not sure about the first guy but with the second I didn't get the win and I got another disconnection on my persona.

In other matters, is there a league table for generals? One that is grouped by location?

this disconnection thing just hasn't been solved at all.

The guy I just played bragged about disconnecting from the game(I hosted it as a test) and not getting a disconnection. He disconnected(dunno if he got a disconnection on his persona) but left me with another disconnection blemish on my record.

weird Bullman, what exactly happens when he disconnects?
    Do you wait for the timer to run out or don
    you hit quit game(or whatever that button is)?

I wait for the clock to count down. The game announces that I am victorious and exits back to the lobby.

Then I go and have a look at my persona and it has changed to give me an extra disconnect. Strange I know :)

normally i'd say mail the tech support but seeing as this is EA and they dont give two ****s about the community this may not achieve much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

This looks very good.
    In conjunction with the new patch, leaving a Ladder game at ANY point will result in a loss being posted against you and a win for your opponent. Most players feel that once you commit to play a match that you should finish it. You can use the tools in QuickMatch to avoid playing matches with too high of a ping.

Very good indeed

• Advertisement
Advertisement