Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap to Prague

Options
  • 07-07-2003 7:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

just wondering where is the best place to get the cheapest tickets to prague form cork tried most of the sities but nothing has come up anybody been there and what should i be looking for price wise i want to go in like 3 weeks so there is time like

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭acid

Try http://www.czechairlines.ie , I think they are the only airline to fly direct from Cork to Prague. The longer you leave it to book the more you'll have to pay so get yer skates on

I'm off to Prague myself in 3 weeks. Paid 190 for a return with Aer Lingus (ex- Dublin). I'm not using the return flight but a one-way ticket was about 230.

The same return ticket now costs 443, which shows just how important it is to book as far in advance as possible.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'm going on Aug 13th
    got the tickets about a month ago with aer lingus
    64 there and 64 back - dublin-prague!

acid - when you get back, let me know how you got on and any tips would be great! :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    ...got the tickets about a month ago with aer lingus
    64 there and 64 back - dublin-prague!

Jaysus, that's not bad at all, I'm going myself in September/October.

Originally posted by Samson
    Jaysus, that's not bad at all, I'm going myself in September/October.

no it's great!
    but I can take my hols when I want and I got the tickets over the net, I just kept knocking in different dates and times 'till I came up with that price, it's wednesday to wednesday
    isn't the net great :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lafayette2003

Of all the things that i have lost...
    waow:confused:

• Advertisement

acid - when you get back, let me know how you got on and any tips would be great! :D

I wont be back until mid-september :D:D

I'll only be in Prague for 2 days, going to Vienna, Bratislava then on to Budapest. After that Slovenia, Croatia, maybe Bosnia and Albania before finishing up in Greece.

I have been to Prague before, and my no.1 tip is this - sort your accomodation out asap (if you haven't already). Prague is very crowded with tourists all summer, even more so at weekends, but this still doesn't detract from the beauty of the city.

Also try to visit somehere outside of Prague if you can. Lonely Planet has some great info.

Thanks acid, I have booked my hotel also and already have the lonely planet book – I’m nothing if not organised! :D

I have been told that I should bring dollars with me instead of chez money, what's your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

re accomodation : I got mine from a man at the train station, it was 50% cheaper than was displayed in the hotel foyer.

you'll need czech money. dollars :rolleyes:

I have been told that I should bring dollars with me instead of chez money, what's your opinion?

Don't bring dollars, bring euros :) (and czech korunas of course)
    I had leftover deutschmarks the last time i was in prague and had no problem spending them so i reckon that euros will be even more widely accepted now.

Most shops etc will accept any major currency, especially in touristy areas (just watch the exchange rate if you're making any large purchases).

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

i was there recently and stayed in an Apartment in Prague 2, cost €36 per night, basic but nice apt in good area, if interested I can give u phone numbers etc

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

right got my tickets to prague(e240) not bad but checked today and they were 220 wtf i thought they would get more expensive not cheaper:confused:

anyway what is the best way to go about the acc in the city any places to avoid and how much am i going to spend. there's teo of us so what are the rates for a reasonable room. just looking for something basic with a dash of paint and not rat infested;)

cheers again

Advertisement