Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some questions about IOL Broadband.

Options
  • 06-07-2003 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

I've been looking into IOL Broadband and at €50 a month with €90 self-install I think it's gotten to a price where I could justify buying it. I just had a couple of questions I hope you lot could answer.

Firstly, the cap... 5GB + €30/GB thereafter... the cap seems a bit low and the charge per GB over seems a bit high to be honest (almost double the feckin' monthly subscription). For those of you who have broadband, how have you dealt with the cap? Have you used any programs to measure your download totals or just made sure to count all the big downloads in your head or what?

Secondly, assuming my line passes their second test (passed the first), how long will I have to wait before I actually have DSL?

Thirdly, is the self install easy enough? Is it just a case of connecting cables, installing drivers, configuring the modem and away you go or is it more complicated?

Thanks a lot lads,
    Bob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the best program to measure how long you've been online and what you have downloaded is http://www.dumeter.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

From what I have heard from the people who have gotten IOL's BB, the installation is straight forward, install software, connect modem. I would think it comes with a booklet anyway.

Advertisement