Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Generals 1v1 tourney

Options
  • 04-07-2003 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

Anyone interested in a boards 1v1 tourney? Just vague plans... Maybe prizes etc.

Post if your interested in taking part.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jrrt

I'd be intrested as a f ew others would I know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Konix

where, oblivion?
    youd probably have to hold it at a lan...and we have them at lans anyway.
    anyway....you suck at the game...why would you want to hod a tournament with prizes! :D

I've been thinking of holding one in Wired, we seem to play it a lot here, I can organize a prize or some sort,probably a decent amount of free time in Wired (like 60 hours), entry fee would probably just be the price of a LAN, (12 euro). Or else, we could higher the entry fee slightly and have a cash prize. I'll get a page where people can sign up in the next day and see If enough people sign up. Pity this board is so dead...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Interested, assuming that I can bring my own pc.

Even more interested if I can get some online practice in..

where's wired?
    are we allowed bring our own pc...as bullman said?

• Advertisement

Wired is on Aungier St. Right beside Dublin Buisness School., Yeah you can bring your own PC's I'll set up a space for them. Thinking about the prizes a bit more what do people think of this...

Entry - 15 Euro (This includes the price of the LAN)
    1st Prize - 100 Euro + 60 Hours Free Time in Wired
    2nd Prize - 60 Hours Free Time.

Im gonna get a signup page up today, i hope (some server problems)

As for a date either the 25th of this month (friday week) or the following friday would probably be more realistic. (1st August)

im out then

whys that? not in dublin?

i am in dublin.
    going away on friday for a week. then going away again on thursday week for 10 days.

Ah pity. Maybe it will get delayed and you can play (although I hope not) or maybe next time.

Anyway there is a signup page at

http://www.chatshop.net/generals.php

This is still not definite, we need enough people to signup and register their intrest before we can go ahead, also any suggestions or comments plz write them on the signup form. (or here)

• Advertisement

rnger will definitely want ot go but hes away this week.

Ok well I'll put him on the list, It'll probably be on the 1st

if you make it one week later i can go?
    rnger dosnt have a pc by the way. are there rentals?

There are rentals of course, very good ones too I might add (downstairs anyway). I'll be waiting for 20 people to sign up for it, as soon as I get 20 or more it will go ahead :/ It could well be delayed though, and it we get a good response there will be many more in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

ooh id be tempted to go, think im about that weekend so ill stick my name down provisionally.

dont know if i can be bothered to bring my pc in, what spec are the rental machines? Im just used to playing the game with max details and a high res. Couldnt take it at a lower one :p

The machines are Athlon 2200 XPs With 512 DDR Ram, with GeForce TI 4800 Cards, and optical mice...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

any of these lans going to take place in cork??

this board is so dublin orintated
    :mad:

Those specs seem fine, ill just use one of them then :D
    Infact identical to mine except i got a more powerful gfx card.

Im assuming thje monitors are 15"/17"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

My original intension was to have it online. LAN is good too :D

jrrt, i suggest you advertise this in the lan-party section (you may have already done so), but you will get a better response there.

Yeah I did, not much response tbh.
    The monitors are 17"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Do you have to be good at the game to play? I got the game recently and im not too good but would like to have a go at multiplayer

17" will do me, im used to small screens from work :D

and of course you dont have to be good at the game to go :)

Hi, yeah you dont have to be good to enter, but you probably have to be good to win :)

Also, this is going to be delayed because of the fact that we are having a Free LAN this weekend instead, so if you wanna get some practice in first, sign up at http://www.chatshop.net/lan.php for the free lan. Im just about to mention this over on the LAN parties boards so better sign up quick.

Advertisement