Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How safe are hostels in dublin as a matter of interest?

Options
  • 03-07-2003 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Cna anyone tell me , just incase I am going out on the rip in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Generally OK, I haven't heard any scare stories. I imagine all provide luggage lock-ups and 24-hr staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

someone told me they were dog rough, the ones around bus aras seem afe enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Souperfreak

I never had a problem with them. Just be smart don't go in the shower and leave all your luggage on your bed in a dormitory. Sutff like that. I find hostels in dublin much safer than the US.

are the showers bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

From my experience, many moons ago, they are quite good. Especially when the German chick stipped in the men's shower room* :D

Some places will have individual bathrooms, some communal bathrooms with individual cubicles.

*Promotional offer, not available in all stores, limited quantity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Souperfreak

The bathrooms aren't that bad, I can imagine that it would be great if a woman walked into a men's shower. I wish guys would walk into the woman's showers. Oh wait we were talking about showers in hostels. It is fine really. Most people say to bring flip flops I have never and it isn't a big deal. be aware that hostels sometimes have lock out times between 11 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon or the don't let you in late! Not all are open 24/7 so ask. the one city you don't want to have a lock out time is dublin. Good luck i will stop writing you a book now. Returning to the subject of men in woman's showers....I am kidding:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

safe enough just be aware of the candyman and don't drop your bar of soap

thanks to all, I think I might bring a guidestick and accidently walk into the womens showers lol!

Advertisement