Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surfing in Donegal (where?)

Options
  • 02-07-2003 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭

I'll be in Donegal for the weekend and wouldn't mind trying my hand at surfing.

Obviously I know Bundoran has a reputation but I'm a complete beginner so I'm not sure if that is the place for me. Also I'll be staying up in the inishowen peninsula which aint too near Bundoran.

So does anyone know good surfing spots - Preferrably North Donegal - Derry would be grand too but I suppose that is a little more sheltered from the Atlantic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 KEGZ

Take the ferry from Greencastle, near Moville to Magilligan and on to Portrush/Portstewart. Phone for surf watch - 048 7082 3273

KEGZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 @ndyb_ie

try rossneila or how ever u spell it

they have softboards and wets to rent

its an easy beach for newbe surfers full training givin too i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 KEGZ

Rossnowlagh

KEGZ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

have to say Rossnowlagh is a bit far from the Innishowen area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Never made it surfing - probably just as well, would have been about hard to stay up on the things after the 40 pints of stout (Smithwicks actually) never mind. The water was freezing, I'll give it a try in a warm country sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tigher

i hear there's a new school for surfing in fanad. anyone heard this?

Advertisement