Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queer beers - Dates

Options
  • 29-06-2003 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

Okay.

I think it's time we planned another queer beers, given that we haven't had one in several months. I assume it's going to be held in Dublin, but if enough people are interested we could go to Cork as well. I'm pretty sure yellum can steer us clear of the *cough* less reputable places.

Anyway, more than likely thanks to those <insert expletive here> in work I'll have to work nearly every weekend in July, except for the 20th of July (boards paintballing). Still, the 18/19th (Fri/Sat) are still available..

Anyway, this is just a feeler. Do people want

1) 4/5th July - Dublin Pride is on that weekend, should be good craic.

2) 11/12th July

3) 18/19th July

We can have it later if possible, get voting

Choose your date ;) 5 votes

4th/5th July
    0% 0 votes
    11/12th July
    40% 2 votes
    18/19th July
    60% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭HerrLipp

I'm easy, I mean any weekend is fine ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Swiss, you are meant to be selfish with polls. Only include dates that are good for you !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

im easy, i can go whenever, should be able to swap some shifts

with the current dilly-dallying around, the weekend of the 5th is out I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

- 4/5th.. is good for me..
    - 11/12th... i'll be heading to witnness on that saturday morning, so that might conflict
    - 18/19th.. If I'm here, should be fine

• Advertisement

Boards paintball in on the 20th of July. A sunday. Why not go out the saturday before that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Maybe the friday.... Can you imagine us all going with large hangovers and being the reciprocant of a painfull head

shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

due to financial constraints (who would have thought that a summer job would end up costing you more than it earned) i will not be able to make it. unless things change, ie, my employers actually wake up and decide to pay me what im worth i wont be there.

have a good everyone

dont drink too much but if you do promise me that ye will all make an ass of yourselves and tell all the stories here after. i expect scandal

au revoir mes amis

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I'm off on the 11th n 12th, thus said option gets meh vote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Eh well I'm off to Dublin tonight for my own reasons. Work managed to give me the day off for holidays \o/. If anyone wants to meet swiss in person all you have to do is pm me if you're going out, and you'll be one of the lucky few to say "he leered at me!".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭darkened_corner

Oh yay, of all the dates the one weekend I'm not free gets the most votes. Ah well, I had Pride, got told I'm hot by Shirley Temple-Bar (really not sure how to take that, might have had something to do with my friend's make-up all over my face) bumped into friends I haven't seen in months plus one I haven't seen in years.....

Nothing else is really gonna compare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

oi darkened corner, that blue eyeliner,noooooooo. Went out to Camden street, you have to go out on the rip with me and ther others again lol.

Can we not have these Threads turn into a diary of what we've been up to recently ? Post to your blog or something and link to it in your sig.

====

Now for important business.

Since the level of procrastination is higher than a Hamlet soliloquy lets set the date for the day before paintball - so lets say July 19th ? or do you want it on the 18th, which is a Friday night.

If someone thinks another date is more suitable then YOU organise it for that date.

Damien

I'd prefer the 19th, like Stan said, don't want to go paintballing hungover

Is this thing going ahead or not? Venue, Date, Time?

Right, the 19th of July is good for me, so I'm going to put that forward as a date. If people are agreed we can meet up in The Front Lounge or GUBU around 7 or later. Because I'm working early that day I won't be up till mid to late evening (I'd say around 9 - 9.30). Hopefully then I'll still be up in Dublin and make it to the boards paintball the next day.

Look forward to seeing you all around. Let me know if you're coming or not.

Finally a decision. Good.

I'm not going though.

The Front lounge or GUBU? Where are we meeting? Can we just announce one or the other. And set a fixed time for people to be there at. Maybe some way for people to recognise everyone as well - maybe a leprechaun with a crack of gold at the end of a rainbow.

GUBU since we always choose the Front Lounge (says the guy not going)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yep, Gubu around 8/8:30, this Saturday it is then

OK

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

I'm sure there are a good few people thinking "I'd go, but I don't know anyone :(". If that's the case, check out this thread for the gory mugshots of the boards population :p
    Otherwise, feel free to PM/mail myself or (I hope yez don't mind), anyone on this thread who's going to arrange to meet up beforehand or just ask stuff.

And don't worry if you've never been before...
    We don't bite (well, not that hard ;P),
    Don't expect tens of extravagantly-frocked queens or fluffy pink lighting 'cos you'll be disappointed if you do! (I know I was, I didn't see any)

All in all, this is a great opportunity to find out what it's all about, get to make a few friends and just have a great laugh (even if you're not a drinker!)

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO GO!, even if you're just curious.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

oh u bitches i'm working this weekend :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

I wont be there, work etc. but organise a night out in August and defineitley be there

• Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I wont be able to make it now either, I have to work

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

I shalln't be in attendance, have stuff to do

me drops out too, have to meet a friend

Gaah, I won't be making it up either, with paintballing tomorrow and not really wanting a 3 hour bus journey up I'm going to drop out as well.

Apologies to all, dunno who is actually heading out at this stage.

Ok, what a major sucess. I'm locking this thread and starting a new one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement