Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VeNoM

Options
  • 29-06-2003 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Tbh i've never really been a comic collector but they've always caught my eye. Whenever i go in2 a store i'm always fascinated but feel a little overwhelmed. I really love the artwork for venom but i've always hated spiderman (annoying schizo) I was wondering if anyone could guide me towards some brilliant venom artwork and storylines (if he does any solos)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Well the current one is a running series - i've got it from #1 but haven't managed to get time to read it.

If you want to get an idea of it - go to www.marvel.com and the dotcomics section. Sign up and then go read the preview for the venom#1. It gives you the first half of the first comic to read online.

If you don't feel that's enough, try going out and getting a 1 off - 1 shot go at it. Maybe something like the Venom mini series or Venom v Punisher (think that was one of them). There are quiet a few books out there on venom and in his own antihero way he's a very strong marvel character. I remember when Venom comics were gold dust and everybody wanted a piece of him - dunno why that died down, but if this current ongoing series pulls it off, Venom could be right back up there again.

I like both Spiderman and Venom . Unfortunatley i dont like the new Venom Comic . I cant find any other comics with Venom in it . I havnt really looked hard but does anybody know of any ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I don't like the Venom comic at all. Artwork isn't my cup of tea and the storyline is rather like The Thing, isn't it?

Marvel will probably be releasing the Ultimate Spiderman venom arc, which was quite good, in trade paperback soon, if not already.

Advertisement