Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare to Westmeath??

Options
  • 28-06-2003 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm moving to kinnegad in westmeath from north kildare in a short time and was wondering had anyone fished the canals in this area.
    I've been told the canals around mullingar and moyvalley are good,has anyone fished these area's recently and where is the/ or is there any best spots on these canals.
    I've heard there is some nice tench around the mullingar parts,has anyone ever caught any of these?
    I will be using float rod and pole/whip.
    Any advice appreciated.

Gary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Had a couple of tench and perch on the canal just off the N3. Nothing seriously big, but its very quiet at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Mullingar Harbour is Dynamite at the Minute, Tench, Roach, Perch and a few small skimmers.

21/25

Advertisement