Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skateboarding Demo + BBQ at Ramp 'N' Rail

Options
  • 27-06-2003 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

July 4th - Ramp 'n' Rail Skatepark Drumcondra
    Admission - 8Euro

What you get = Free BBQ + the chance to see a lot of our most talented skaters ride the park :D

So grab your board, mebbe bring a plate and fork if your as fussy as nicholson in " As Good As It Gets " and have a laugh :cool:

C ya there! details below..

source of info - Wayne Gallagher of Boarderco Skateboards in e-mail -

Demo on at Ramp'n'Rail on the 4th July.
    Prizes sponsored by
    Boarderco.Emerald,Globe,Es,Stimulus,Addict,Independant,
    Ricta and Eastpak.
    Skaters: Rob Benson,Conhuir Lynn, Wayne Gallagher, Blayney
    Hamilton,Mark
    Brew, Paul Plunket, Mr. James Black , Mike Keane and friends..
    Lots of goodies to give away, Djs and free barbeque.
    Demo starts about 3.30pm.
    Admossion €8.00.
    For details ring:
    Ramp'n'Rail Skatepark,
    96a upper Drumcondra Rd,
    Dublin 9.
    Ph: 01 8377533
    Send this to everybody you know !!

SUPPORT IRISH SKATEBOARDING!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Sounds cool, do you have to get tickets in advance or can you just arrive and pay?

Although I don't think I'll bring my board, the people are not ready for me to unleash my new style and tricks on them (ok I suck).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

they should have had a band or two play, i know the lads are into hip hop stuff so that will be what gets played. even though a lot of the kids are into punk and metal stuff. a similar band could draw in a few more punters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Do you have anyone particular in mind Bomb? I personally don't mind what gets played but I'm goin out there for a while tomorrow, depending on the weather. I'll suss it out a bit more and see what sort of reaction the idea gets.

Im in a punk band, i know most of the bands on the scene and i know most of em would do it for free. Ive got a pa and stuff too that could be used if needed. let me know what the score is

Bomb - sorry I didn't get back sooner, I haven't been able to get a hold mike to get an idea of what he wants etc (killed his mobile in a fit of rage last weekend... and I never saw him - can't get in touch) but the guy who works there full-time lookin after the handywork/maintenance reckons it would go down well and I'd appreciate it if you could make it out there and play a few tunes for all involved.

Probably far too late for you to pull a few of you together for it BUT, I've managed to get him to be at A phone tomorrow so I can get in touch with him at Noon sharp. As soon as I get a feel for what he wants and play him up with meh luckeh charms I will duly come back here and ask you to play if possible.

They have some equipment there and can get more for you. I'll drop you a pm by lunchtime tomorrow with a contact number and you can give em a buzz and work out what you want etc IF your still up for this. If not ,I'm sure they'd love to have you play at some other events over the next while!

• Advertisement

Thats cool, its too late to sort out something for the 4th, but the offer stands anyway, just let us know a few weeks in advance. We could arrange one or two bands if needed too. or if they are ever doing a fundraiser at a venue, that type of deal, just let us know

gar

Was anyone else at this?

Thought it was pretty good didn't have a clue who any of the skaters were but two of them really impressed me,

Guy with a beard wearing no top, I think it was Blayney Hamilton and there was another guy wearing an irish world cup t shirt, he was excellent. Couple of other nice moves from some of the other skaters too.

My little bro managed to get a load of stuff at the end when they were thorwing it out. Including getting a t shirt down from the rafters with a little help from me. :D

Didn't look like any sign of BBQ taking place, did it actually happen?

lol FanJ I didn't even recognise ya!
    The guy with the beard wasn't Blayney, I forget his name, never met him before but yeah, he's damn good,
    He skates for Elwood.

Blayney never skated cus he was wrecked from a days work and felt wobbly and settled in on the booze instead.
    Y'know that guy wearing that world cup t-shirt, that's me :D
    I had a great day and was utterly gobsmacked havin kids comin up to me lookin to have their t-shirts/boards/posters signed by yours truly (very weird!)

When I saw you givin your bro a boost to get the t-shirt I was gonna give him my board to get a bit more of the go-go gadget arm on the go to get it down :)

They threw out a load of stuff, the kids were rather tame about the grabbing of boards etc compared to what I've seen before thank god. (we found a tooth on the floor the next day at another event previously!)

The BBQ didn't happen on the day but instead happened on Saturday evening which I missed out on myself.

If anyone knows Willy Santos (Birdhouse pro from the u.s of a) he was also in attendance and rather unbelievably incredible to say the least! (sallow skinned asian with black fro and fresh gear)
    He's going to be out there on wednesday evening between 6-8/9pm so I'd imagine there's going to be a good session if anyone wants to come along for a skate or some tasty viewing, pls do.

Great day all around, everyone had a blast and afterwards we all went round to the ivy house and settled in for the night (our local watering hole by the park) may there be many more of these days to come.

Bomb, I'll be in touch my good man.

Thanks to all for the great day :ninja:

Originally posted by TacT

Y'know that guy wearing that world cup t-shirt, that's me :D
    I had a great day and was utterly gobsmacked havin kids comin up to me lookin to have their t-shirts/boards/posters signed by yours truly (very weird!)

You shouldn't have been surprised I thought you were really good.

I might try head up after band pratice on wednesday, will it be worth checking out?

I'd say it's worth checkin out alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shag

Damn what a good weekend , after the above chaos on Friday the BBQ went ahead on sat with a more chilled out session tasty burgers a few brews and a game of scrabble (hardcore eh!). Sunday was the bomb though , a sunny day out in the country and what a spot !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tiki_dud

hey thats awsome willy santos skated your park! just last year i saw kantell russel and a local from the town i was in(i forget the name) but hey i got my hair cut by willy santos so there

Advertisement