Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record tope returned..???

Options
  • 26-06-2003 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭

Brian's record catch
    http://www.unison.ie/wexford_people/stories.php3?ca=38&si=1000915&issue_id=9407

"
    BANKER Brian Cantwell made the catch of a lifetime last week during a days fishing in Rosslare.

Keen angler Brian, investment manager at the Bank of Ireland in Wexford, was fishing at the Burrow, Rosslare Strand, last Monday when he landed a tope he estimated at 60lb - which would be an Irish record for a fish caught from the shore.

The fish was, however, a female and in pup and Brian returned it to the water, to live and fight another day.

Brian is a member of the Wexford Garda Sea Angling Club, and The Menapia Sea Angling Club.

He is also the secretary of the Association of Wexford Sea Angling Clubs.

"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

I thought you couldn't have a record unless the fish was killed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

He is not claiming the record
    -"it would be an Irish Record" if he killed it..

I have a photo which I'll scan later

jd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

710tope.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

Mighty size :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gerryphelo

hi there was just wondering can you catch tope off the shore around kilmore quay or where is the best spot to do so,im from waterford and never caught one before. if any one had any pointers or tips to catch one off the shore would be a big help.
    cheers gerry

• Advertisement
Advertisement