Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Father-Daughter Talk

Options
  • 26-06-2003 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

One time, there was a young teenage girl that was about to finish her
    first year of college. She considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat and her father was a rather staunch Republican.

One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to programs like unrestricted welfare and quota systems. He stopped her for a moment and asked her how she was doing in school.

She answered that she had a 4.0 GPA but it was really tough. She had to study all the time, never had time to go out and party and often went sleepless because of all of the studying she did. She didn't have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of all her studying.

He then asked her how her friend Mary, who was attending the same college, was doing. She replied that she was barely getting by. She had a 2.0GPA, and she never studied. She was very popular on campus and was at parties all the time. She often wouldn't show up for classes because she was hung over.

He then asked his daughter why she didn't go to the Dean's office and ask why she couldn't take 1.0 off her 4.0 GPA and give it to her friend that only had a 2.0. In that way, they would both have a 3.0 GPA.

The daughter was irate. She fired back and said, "That wouldn't be fair! I worked really hard for mine and my friend has done nothing."

The father smiled and said: "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Heard worse...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

..could you consider the democrats to be left wing.

Hmm - someone is obviously on a mailing list that is designed to appeal to right wing americans..

Nuclear power not a topic for discussion
    Doctors more dangerous than guns
    And democrats being accused of communism...

Personally I can tolerate most jokes in extremely bad taste once they are funny and not just cheap propoganda..

"If I have a barrel of Oil - then you don't have it - but information can be replicated."

methinks it's time for Political elephant jokes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    ..methinks it's time for Political elephant jokes :)
    Do the world a favour and leave the poor elephants alone.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

was that a joke:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

[chant]
    Elephants, Elephants, Elephants, Elephants, Elephants,
    Elephants, Elephants, Elephants, Elephants, Elephants.
    [/chant]
    :p

(I think I kinda got the political joke but I don't know sh@t about politics so it was a bit over my head :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

so, the girl with the good results had sex with the dumb gurl, right :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭jammy_dodger

posted by Capt'n Midnight
    Personally I can tolerate most jokes in extremely bad taste once they are funny and not just cheap propoganda..

Dose anyone else remember Capt'n Midnights reign of terror on the humor board, not so long ago.
    need i metion the Elephant joke thread.

Im suprised he has standards of comedy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

And a quality threshold too.

I sell the good jokes - and dump the rest here to be recycled ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 FirA_Serjio

i dont think dat was a joke, it was just a father-daughter talk:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

That was quite er.. bad? I have seen worse too.. hehe Capt'n Midnight's ones ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

HAHAHAHAHA i get it!!!!! :confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Im english....... and ignorant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Its ok at least its better then Capt'n Midnight's offerings

Advertisement