Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY+ Scumbags

Options
  • 26-06-2003 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I was scheduled to have sky+ installed today.
    I don't get paid for days off work, so i called yesterday and again this morning to confirm and they said Yes we can't give you a time our engineer will be out today.

So i wait at home losing wages from work.

A few mins ago 11:20 i get a call to tell me sorry but we wont be out today.
    So i rant and rave and am told, sorry Mr. O'Connor but we can't do anything about it.

So i say when will i get it.

And then they say 'We can't give you a date, it will be in a few weeks.

I'm calling now to cancel it.

I'm so pissed off at that crowd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

This is not the first report that we have seen of Sky messing up the Sky+ installs. They really should have let the independants in on the install act as it is much more in their interests not to mess people about.

Sky+ and Mr O'Connor's must be a pain in the backside for the customer care department :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Originally posted by NotImpressed

Did they tell you why they weren't calling?

You should tell them to come on a Saturday, if you're off work, or else you'll cancel (okay, you've probably cancelled by now, but anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Happened to me too, today as well.
    Yep, they said that they mixed up all of their orders and that they couldn't handle the amount of installs. She actually told me then that it would be at least a few weeks before they called to arrange an install ( which would probably happen 2 weeks later).
    Anyway, cancelled now.
    they told me at 12 when I called.
    I have a short fuse with installers or delivery people who won't give me a time, so i went off on one the the poor girl on the phone.
    Had to make a point, thats why i cancelled.
    My brother is getting his installed day after tomorrow, i must call him and laugh.
    I'm going to go to the North to get a box and install myself.

Anyone know where i can get a sky+ box in Newry?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

Why don't you give Tony a call?

I think i can install it myself, that way i can save a few quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by DaithiSurfer
    I think i can install it myself, that way i can save a few quid

The dish alignment is slightly altered with the quad so maybe check your quality again after u fit it and play around with elevation (azimuth should be ok if aligned correctly in the first place). Also make sure you get a quad lnb with box, they are 99€ otherwise.

Good luck hope it works out for you.

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Has anybody on here actually had a succesful Sky+ install through Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by NotImpressed
    I was scheduled to have sky+ installed today.
    I don't get paid for days off work, so i called yesterday and again this morning to confirm and they said Yes we can't give you a time our engineer will be out today.

So i wait at home losing wages from work.

A few mins ago 11:20 i get a call to tell me sorry but we wont be out today.
    So i rant and rave and am told, sorry Mr. O'Connor but we can't do anything about it.

So i say when will i get it.

And then they say 'We can't give you a date, it will be in a few weeks.

I'm calling now to cancel it.

This the very reason I bought my Sky+ box in the UK and had it installed by a Sky agent here,it saved a lot of hassle and was well worth the money - Just cool down and take a different approach, I can guarantee you its well worth it!

I think i'll try out the new motorway next week and see if i can get a box up the north.
    28 days to refund my credit card with the €474 that they took off it.
    They really shouldn't take money unless the install is definitely going ahead.

Oh, yeah, nearly forgot, my brother is due to get installed tomorrow.
    He called this morning to confirm and they said everything was fine. But according to other posts that is not reliable info from the sky reps.

I think i'll try out the new motorway next week and see if i can get a box up the north.
    28 days to refund my credit card with the €474 that they took off it.
    They really shouldn't take money unless the install is definitely going ahead.

He called this morning to confirm and they said everything was fine. But according to other posts that is not reliable info from the sky reps.
    On that note,I was in dixons in Belfast on Tuesday and they had them then.
    Make sure you have the quad lnb though, Insist on opening the box to make sure!
    mm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by Man
    On that note,I was in dixons in Belfast on Tuesday and they had them then.
    Make sure you have the quad lnb though, Insist on opening the box to make sure!
    mm

When i got my box in ||London, there was NO quad in the box but he gave me one free of charge but i understand they are not suitable for mini dishes, so check that one out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Well? Did they turn up today? Or are they staying "true" to their word!!!

Guess what?
    Brother got a call on saturday at about 3pm from sky to say they had a mix up in their orders. They will call him back in a couple of weeks to arrange installation. lol.
    we're both going up the north next weekend to get the boxes. we have a friend who will install them for us. could be a good thing in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Guess what?
    Brother got a call on saturday at about 3pm from sky to say they had a mix up in their orders. They will call him back in a couple of weeks to arrange installation. lol.
    we're both going up the north next weekend to get the boxes. we have a friend who will install them for us. could be a good thing in the long run.

Save a few quid at the very least

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement