Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No satellite signal is being recieved

Options
  • 25-06-2003 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

In the last few weeks my picture on any channel can freez and after about 10 or 15 seconds will go to a blue screen with "no satellite signal is being recieved". On "Signal test " in the service mode, strength is at about 60% and quality at about 80%. When the problem occours signal quality will fluctuate and eventually fade completely then sigal strength will go completely. After a minute or so lock indicator goes to not locked and transport stream and network indicator both go to "0000" Powering off the box will sometimes bring it back but not always.
    It is a pace digibox and grundig LNB(about 2 years old).I have checked the cable connections, and also the cable itself doesn't seem to have any damage.
    This can happen in bad weather or clear no cloud conditions.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Martin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

It is a pace digibox and grundig LNB
    Change the Grundig LNB. I had the same setup as you. ie Pace 2500 and Grundig LNB.
    The problem was solved by changing the LNB to a Cambridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Occasionally in my case with 80cm dish and more space it is a Rook sitting in front of an LNB.

That's one advantage of my 1m centre feed dish with tripod legs holding up LNB. The Rook or Magpie sits on top of LNB instead of in front on an offset dish arm. Only reduces the signal a little on most satellites/channels. Still freezes MSNBC on 15W Telstar12 though.

Advertisement