Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Box Office Price Increase?

Options
  • 25-06-2003 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭

Not sure if it applies to Ireland or not but the price of ordering a film in the UK is going up to £3.75.

This is the killer bit if you order by phone instead of through the EPG you have to pay a extra £1. If they bring that in here movies willbe close to €10.

Taken from Sky Digi Online
    From the 1st of July, the price of films on Sky Box Office will increase to £3.75. Viewers who order films over the phone rather than through the EPG, will also have to pay a £1 admin charge - meaning a total price of £4.75.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

According to www.xe.com 3.75 is €5.42 so if it will be very hard for Sky to justify raising the price again (I think it's already €5.50) over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

July's Sky magazine has the price that is there now. no change at all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

They can't justify the price they charge now, so how are they gonna get any business by raising the price any further.
    Any one who pays more than a fiver for the convience of not having to go rent a video is mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by irishgeo
    Not sure if it applies to Ireland or not but the price of ordering a film in the UK is going up to £3.75.

This is the killer bit if you order by phone instead of through the EPG you have to pay a extra £1. If they bring that in here movies willbe close to €10.

Taken from Sky Digi Online

Just a matter of interest, I thought you had to order an event or movie with using your pin Nr on the EPG why would you need to phone if your supposed to have your phone line connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

You can manually order a Box Office event over the phone, like Premiership Plus game, a film and a sports event. Always could, and always will.

Ring 1800 535 767 and hear that one of the options to order a box office event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

Didi I not see it somewhere that it's an extra €1 to order a box office movie by phone in ROI, bringing it up to €6.50.

Doesn't really bother me. Rent a DVD. It's cheaper, they're out earlier, and it's more of an "event" to watch one (in my sad live anyhow).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by robert muldoon
    why would you need to phone if your supposed to have your phone line connected?
    Don't forget mandatory phone connection only applies for the first 12 months. After that, people are entirely free to move their box and dish to a place with no phone and stay entirely within the contract terms.

Advertisement