Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canceled/Killed/Replaced UK sub card

Options
  • 25-06-2003 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭

Obviously a "killed" or "replaced & switched off" UK sub card won't decode even FTV channels such as C4 or ITV or five.

It won't stop viewing of FTA channels either.

I note that a "replaced" ROI card brings up an ROI epg with RTE/NET2/TV3/TG4 listings on program guide page, on a box that otherwise would have a UK epg. Only the FTA channels work of course.

Has anyone tried "powering on" a current ROI sub box with a "killed" or "replaced" UK sub card that doesn't decode FTV etc, to see does the box switch to UK EPG (Which of course will have over TWENTY BBC channels that only work via "other channels" on ROI sub from 10th July).

If it does switch to UK EPG, these cards which are bound to be plentiful because of recent Sky upgrades, would be very useful to Cancelled ROI subscribers as the ROI card actually hides FTA EPG channels. Even though such cards decode no channels extra at all.

Anyone tried it? Anyone think it sound interesting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,731 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I have one - got it from a mate up North when he got his new card - and yea, it does bring up the UK EPG but doesn't decode anything...tells me the card isn't matched to this box ....pity - I dont care about BBC 1 & 2 (have those on ROI card after all) but wanted ITV/C4/C5

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes.. but it gives Program listings for BBC TV NOT on ROI sub
    News24
    BBC3
    BBC4
    Cbeebies
    Cbbc
    BBC Parliament
    BBC2 Nations (England, NI, Scotland, Wales). ROI family pack etc only has BBC2NI. Often you'll want the England one.

And has these on EPG

Also
    other BBC1 regions may be on EPG from 29th July

Also the Gazillion BBC radio stations.

"Other Channels" is such a pain and doesn't give more than now/next program guide.

Right lads.. Start shakin the bushes for replaced UK sub cards for those of us currently taking holiday from paying Sky every month!

All those lovely BBC TV and Radio on EPG working from 10th July mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Just heard rumour that BBC Radio is back on "FTA EPG" on ROI box with blank card / unside down card (My informant lost his cancelled Sky card and at my suggestion used his Tesco Club card).

I shall examine tonight..

Advertisement