Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mirror ROI sub on existing 2nd Box

Options
  • 25-06-2003 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭

1) Has anyone here got a mirror sub yet on a box they already own?

2) €20 for second box means only about €6 discount on family pack and almost no saving on lesser packs (which are atrocious value anyway). Anyone else think this is aimed at households with "Sky World" where one person watches the Sky Sport Premium channels and the other folk want to watch the Sky movie channels? *BIG* saving.

Seems Sky not interested in smaller customers but in "big spenders", Hence pathetic value in Value and Knowledge packs also.

What ya think folks?

(I have a second box and one family pack I cancel from time to time).

I'd have hassle too of connecting both boxes to phone line (neither is anywhere near a phone point) and unplugging phone lines when storms or youngest left alone in Room (Sky games!).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Peter

I finally ordered mine today. Up until now I was continually told that there was a delay for ROI.
    I told them I already had a box and they said it was ok to use that and they're sending me a contract next week. I then have to call them and get the new contract and my existing one merged when I receive the new card.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Mredmond

Possibly belongs in a seperate thread, but..

Does anyone know of/have a device for connecting Digibox to Telephone by remote means?

I've already got too many cables running around the house, and planned location for Mirrored sub is virtually impossible to access cleanly.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I haven't used one but apparently they do exist (apart from butchering a cordless phone with Soldering Iron). Try searching Maplin's online site.

Do they have a Dublin/ Blanchardstown shop now?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

Here you go.

http://www.oneforall-int.com/english/products/soundvision/sv1500.htm

I'm getting a pair for my Sky+.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Mredmond

Thanks folks,

Will follow up that link

Michael.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,731 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Do they have a Dublin/ Blanchardstown shop now?

Ya..theres the one in town (round the corner from the Jervis Centre, just off Parnell St) and a new one beside Blanch SC - in the same part as the ESB shop, DID, eircom store etc..

Advertisement