Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We may get Big Brother Interactive soon!

Options
  • 24-06-2003 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

I have just noticed in a recent browse of the Digitalspy forum a guy has posted a Transponder update.

Under the Eurobird section he notes that E4 UK has now moved to this satellite.

In a recent reply from CH4 on the issue of why we couldnt get BB Interactive they explained to me that the two versions of E4 were on different satellites(i.e. Astra and Eurobird).

Well, it seems the breaking news is that they are now on the same satellite, and that we could soon have Interactive back.

On another note, did anyone notice that after skipping out Series 3 of BB, and missing 4 weeks of series 4, E4 are now once again repeating ALL the Channel 4 programs, Live and recorded.

For all of us Irish people who havent got C4 now we get the whole picture(i have an FTV card, but it took me half of Series 3 to get it sorted).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i saw C4's highlights show on E4 the other night. i thought it was a new addition to E4's line up because it wasn't there before. it's a matter of wait and see now if we get the interactive service

i wonder if Sky gave them a bollocking. unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

E4's interactive stream is still on 12168 V tp 24 SR 27500 FEC 2/3 along with another E4 UK.

E4 Ireland is on 11565 V (with the new copy of E4 UK), but the interactive stream would have to move from 12168 in order for the interactive service to appear.

By the way, all the Channel 4 variations are on 12168 as well, and I presume they're using the same interactive feed as E4 UK.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm nearly sure that copy of E4 UK is tests for E4 +1. Not 100% sure though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

of course, E4 +1. there goes interactive BB then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Ok, if we were to say the copy was going to be E4+1, it would make me wonder, why Eurobird and why only one?.

If thats going to be the Irish version of E4+1(which there will have to be) then why isnt there another copy of E4 uk going around there somewhere as a test for a UK version of E4+1.

They will need another slot there, which isnt accounted for yet,
    they could be moving the two E4's to the one frequency to give access to the interactive for both normal E4's or they could create another slot for E4 Ireland on the main C4 frequency and move the two E4+1'S to Eurobird, after all there probably wont be interactive on these.

The point is that there is movement and it involves Eurobird, if there was ever a time to sort out this no BB Interactive for ROI issue, its now, they just have to make a slight change and they can provide us a full service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement