Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any way I can get rte tv in the uk

Options
  • 24-06-2003 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Does anybody know af any way to get rte tv in the uk on sky digital I have asked sky and they say no but meaby someone out there know's

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Hi there, welcome along....

2 ways of doing this, either swap digiboxes with a Irish Sky Subscriber or sign up to Sky from an Irish address and bank/credit account and bring the box with you.

Regards,
    DMC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Ballydung

Hi Damo,

Does it need to be connected to an Eircom line ?

I'm on countdown to going home for a few weeks and have a spare uk box which I would love to swop for a Irish box with a local dealer/bloke.

Well, if you have an address that you can use, you can get Sky to send you out a contract. The brilliance of this is that you have your own box already and dont have to hook it up to a phone line for the year, as the box is not subsidised, you bought it already. No need to go through a dealer.

Ideal solution, that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

On the same not Damo, if i got myself a UK subscription contract sent to an address, and then sgined up, What would the persons address recieve in the mail?.

I wouldnt like to think they would be getting sent invoices and Sky magazines and stuff, so could you fill me in on what they would get?, if i used a Credit card would that mean they wouldnt recieve an invoice?.

I think byte has now got a Scottish sub, he may fill you in on how it works in reverse.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice.

Would this still work as I got box from my sister who ditched sky after a year, so the box has been registered to a uk sub in the past, will this be a problem ?
    Also do you know if I take a Irish family pack would i get RTE etc and do you have to pay in € or can I say I'm near the border blah blah and could I pay in sterling please ??
    If anybody else outside ROI who has gone done this road I would welcome their comments.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

1. U can say u bought box second hand so no problem.

2. Package for RTE is €27.00 per month.

3. U need to ring sky and say u want an Irish Contract and give an Irish Address. Contract takes about 5-10 working days to get to address.

4. Fill in details, use cc, and u should have no problem.

5. The irish address will get SKY magazine, sky special offers and the usual junk. No way of stopping this.

6. No need to give an irish tel no.

7. When u get card u have to ring sky, block tel no or they can tell it is in uk. U give card number and box serial number and confirm the irish address. AWay u go.

If u are desperate and have no contact in ireland let me know y pm.

gb--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bouncer_irl

Cheers guys for all the help and advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 skydigiman

Why are'nt the mods closing this thread , is DMC the only one that abuses his key stroke power ?

One minuite he closes a thread on the same subject and now here he is contributing , hypocrite :rolleyes: shame on you sir

ps: dont even try and edit my post I have already taken a synchronize's copy of this page and i will report any wrong doing etc...

Marty

One slight difference from this thread, mate.

I'm offering my advice for free.

• Advertisement

Eactly what is your point , and where dose "see my profile" represent asking for anything ?

It dose'nt , it mearly represents me and what I do , its not a request , your post tells people , how to get a skydigital viewing card from Ireland , and thats breaking the Rules , boards.ie rules not mine .

Your a moderator ( well should'nt be really ) you should know better , I suggest you close this thread before you dig a bigger hole for yourself

Marty

FACT. You posted up a Trade Ad on these boards, which is against the forum rules and boards.ie rules. For that, the thread was edited and locked. You then edited that post and said "see my profile."

No-one sells anything here on this forum, if you care to look at the rules of ICDG and the For Sale board on boards.ie, you will see clearly defined rules as to how you can sell your wares on boards.ie.

If you are unhappy about this, take it up with the admins on the Admin/Support board. But then again, if the admins see all this blatant pimpage, you'll probably be banned.

DMC.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Card Prices Currently we are charging a €60 euro setup fee, each and every year on the 1st September this will increase by €15 .

The icdg site, icdg forum and icdg sky FAQ and posts explain how and conditions for FREE FTV card and how to get a Sky subscription.

Anyone with more intelligence than a Baboon can find plenty of expensive vendors of "out of area" subscriptions for any Satellite pay service (this by the way is perfectly legal in EU, it is only pirate card that is illegal).

The mod is not objecting to any info about non-pirate cards, only a person simply using this forum as an advertising hoarding.

P.S. Anyone with any British Isles tenious connection whatsoever and more intellegence than a Baboon can take a Subscription (UK or ROI) with Sky directly. So the as a Irish reader I find even the offer of your "service" a bit insulting to my intelligence.

DMC is a very easy going mod.

Well then Mr Baboon anyone with intelligence would know that my services are not amied at the Irish public .

Anyway lets not get into that dont want to upset the real serious mods

Good day to you

Marty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Handbags at dawn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Marty,
    You're a Mod edit: No need!.
    Have a nice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Lo Guys..

Mr Skydigiman, the mods of the various forums make up the rules for the forums they moderate, without the mods and of course the users the individual forums would likely not exist.

Openly questioning a mod in his own forum is a very low thing to do, if you dont like something, bring it to the admins, however in my opinion no wrong doing has taken place, so your posts are simply trying to antagonise the mod.

Regarding your blatent advertisement that was edited, had that been brought to the admins attention, its likely you would have gotten a instant boards wide ban.

Please stop argueing with the mods for, what seems to me, for the sake of it, if you have a chip on your shoulder from a previous action against you, just get over it.

If you have ago at the mods here again, you will be banned from the forum, but can i suggest that with your experience you assist people with their queries and if you disagree with someone or something, dont make it personal... just air your views...

Thx

Vex.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

To quote from the rules: http://icdg.boards.ie

You may link to external sites (including your own) only if the site is TV, radio, or high-speed internet related. The link should be relevant to the thread being discussed.

DON'T advertise other sites or commercial activities. See the guidelines about linking to other sites.

DON'T Post links to off-topic sites, including your own if it is not a TV/radio/media/high speed internet related site. You may not start threads solely to promote or link to other internet sites. You may not, in particular, advertise commercial sites.

Anyone caught breaking these rules will have the relevant post deleted and for a serious or presistant breach, themselves permanently banned.

In addition to these rules, the rules of boards.ie also apply in the ICDG Forums.

Cheers "GBCULLEN"

I think I'm ok for an Irish address, although they do have sky already but its in the country (farm), so I will put it under a C/O address.
    Thanks for your offer of help.
    One other question, if paying by Credit card do you have to pay the full year or can it act like a direct debit so I get charged every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

U just pay monthly depending on the package u use.

I wouldn't use a C/O on adress. Looks a bit iffy.

Also u will not get C4, C5 or ITV with and IRISH card so make sure u get a FTV card etc etc.

gb--

• Advertisement

Once again cheers mate, I will give it a go

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by TVDX
    On the same not Damo, if i got myself a UK subscription contract sent to an address, and then sgined up, What would the persons address recieve in the mail?.

I wouldnt like to think they would be getting sent invoices and Sky magazines and stuff, so could you fill me in on what they would get?, if i used a Credit card would that mean they wouldnt recieve an invoice?.

Yup, I have a Scottish Sub! The first thing the people with UK address will receive will obviously be the contract and booklet of packages. After things are set rolling, they send a thank you letter. And then they'll send the magazines, though I have told my contact to bin any mags!

As for invoices, my contact hasn't been sent any invoices. AFAIK, the only time they send invoices is for SBO events that are ordered.

Advertisement