Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying an amp from the States

Options
  • 24-06-2003 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if i buy an amp from the us on music123.com and get it sent over here will i have to pay any kind of customs or tax or anything on it? I know they'll ship it here but ive never bought something so expensive over the net ($1200) and was wondering does bertie screw you in some way for doing it.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

You will have to pay customs tax on it when it arrives. Someone mentioned 21% in a previous thread (buying guitar from us/eu). Can't remember how much I had to pay, but it probably was that.

rob

edit: and it aint bertie screwing you this time. it's delivery companies collecting the tax on behalf of the US, just doing their job (punks!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭violent*sky

dude the shipping on that bad boy is gonna be monstrous....the shipping for my guitar was $117 so i dont wanna think about haw much an amp would be...and then theres 21% customs tax when it gets here!!!
    let me know how you get on with it if you go ahead with it will ya!!! cheers man...C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

also youll have to fork out for a stepdown adaptor for the volatge issues. check out how much its all going to cost and if its under a 100E less than buying it here. than just get it here instead. its worth the hassle for over 100E in savings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

As far as I know.....

1) You're liable for 21% Irish VAT + custom duties. They won't be charged on your credit card but you'll get a customs bill shortly after receiving the goods

2) Music123 do not ship some products (E.G. Fender/Gibson) to Europe. That's what I was told when I enquired about a Fender.

3) Shipping costs will be high

4) You must buy an adaptor

Did you try www.thomann.de ? Shipping from Germany is just €21, I bought a lot of stuff there and never had problems

A.

Advertisement