Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass Pedal - Recommendations?

Options
  • 23-06-2003 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Wanted to get a multi-effects pedal but i dont know what to go for.

Price range is about 100-150 europes.

any suggestions? was thinking about those silver Zoom ones but i dunno how much they are....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

dont get the ZOOM BFX 708 (pictured below), i have it, its too fiddley and the fuzz is crap as are most of the 30 effects.

i recommend you stay away from multi pedals, get the single ones, it costs more but the quality is worht it.

my zoom bass pedal - piece o crap.
    ZOMBFX708.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

ye tried that one out before what a piece of crap!!

u missed what a i said about the [PHP]silver[/PHP] ones. the 607 or something like that

how come its only me you and pugsley who talk about bass? :P :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

It depends a lot of what kind of effect you want.... if you want overdriev/distortion forget about multi-effects coz they all sound quite crap, you're better off with a pedal.

Some have good reverbs, delays, flangers, bass synth, etc. but they're not really indicated for bass unless you want to experiment some weird stuff... :)

I use a bass pod and it's class, maybe you can find a pre-owned one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Save up and buy the Boss GT6, you'll never look back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Ignore that post I just noticed it was for Bass

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

yeah, you'd think there'd be more bass players on boards...

yeah this is the Zoom 607

em_607.gif

as far as i remember ins far more straight forward but what morello said is true - "It depends a lot of what kind of effect you want.... if you want overdriev/distortion forget about multi-effects coz they all sound quite crap, you're better off with a pedal. "

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

Originally posted by nellieswellies
    Ignore that post I just noticed it was for Bass

No worries........ just get the GT-6B

gt6b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

That must be class, it's like a POD built in a pedalboard, mad expensive tho I guess..?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

It's the same price as a GT-6

€566 from Thomann

Yeah so it's pricey enough.:D

Incidently if anyone has a GT-6 found a great case for it on Thomann also

Check out

http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw6_artikel-159785.html?sn=70769b3aa60b6cabaabf27b664fba097

Advertisement