Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC regions from the end of July

Options
  • 23-06-2003 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

From Mediabullet:
    23/06/03 BBC regions to be available from next month
    From the 29th July, all regional variants of BBC One will be available on satellite without the need for a pay-satellite subscription. The previous method of accessing regional news, 6-7pm weekdays, via the red button has now been discontinued to make way for the new service. In the meantime you can still view regional programmes on the terrestrial services through your aerial.
    News Feed: Raj Baddhan Source: BBC, Matthew Glynn News Break: 14:15

Sooner than we thought !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Mediabullit is not much worth quoting from they are usually a few days behind.
    This on 19th June:
    http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/t/68057/ds.html
    This on 23rd:
    http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/t/69255/ds.html or similar would be earlier

The BBC 1 Regions seem to be available now to ENGLAN region cards. So I presume these will be FTA on 10th July, not 29July.

I suppose that the English regions might be available to all Sky Cards before FTA? What day is 29th June?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Originally posted by watty
    What day is 29th June?

Sunday

Doesn't sound likely either. Changes arn't usually in the Weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the BBC are going FTA on Tuesday 10th of July

where they pulled the 29th of July from. would i be right in saying that they wouldn't be able to encrypt the regions anyway because the contract with NDS will be finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

DOes this mean that I can add the other BBC1 regions via other channels from July?

• Advertisement

Yes. And it still work even if you cancel Sky.

Also add Cbbeebies, Cbbc, News24, BBC3, BBC4 at all the radio (most radio works already and always did).

In theory 214 and 215 ought to work on Cancelled ROI sub card too, but you never know.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

will it be a case that if you're on one of the BBC channels, say BBC1 NI, and you press the Red button, will we get a list of the other BBC channels that we can view? If this was the case it would mean not having to deal with the Other Channels section of the Digibox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

I gathered that they would be on the british EPG

Advertisement