Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimbledon

Options
  • 22-06-2003 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

What is the betting that interactive wimbleton on BBCi will say that it is unavailable in Ireland ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

no last year and the year before it was alright and workin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

we'll have to wait and see. i think it will work. thank god that from July 10th we will never have to give out about missing BBCi applications plus the arrival of the superior BBC1 regions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Just to say it works fine as of now on my ROI sub.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Bah-bah-ba-ba-bah bah, bah ba-bah ba bobah baaaa! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭Genghis

LOL DMC, but you left out the grunts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    we'll have to wait and see. i think it will work. thank god that from July 10th we will never have to give out about missing BBCi applications plus the arrival of the superior BBC1 regions

Though if they removed 214 and 215 from the EPG (unlikely), they could blocK ROI viewers from getting BBCi (you can't get it via "Other Channels").

I think it is unlikely that they would be blocking BBCi now. Five Live seems to be broadcasting Wimbledon on the net - not sure that they did that before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tporter

Originally posted by Richard
    Though if they removed 214 and 215 from the EPG (unlikely), they could blocK ROI viewers from getting BBCi (you can't get it via "Other Channels").

I think it is unlikely that they would be blocking BBCi now. Five Live seems to be broadcasting Wimbledon on the net - not sure that they did that before.
    Five Live seems to be broadcasting Wimbledon on the net - not sure that they did that before.

I noticed that 5Live also broadcast live horse-racing commentaries from Ascot last week on the Net. In the past they always used to cut the transmission for the duration of the race and then they returned to normal programming afterwards. Could this and now the Wimbledon broadcast be part of the great FTA move?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by greenman
    Just to say it works fine as of now on my ROI sub.:)
    I tried it this evening and was really pleasantly surprised. I was expecting something like the pathetic quarter of a screen Sky News interactive. Now I can see why people were complaining about the absence of interactive last year and for the Olympics. You can always rely on Auntie to do its best.

Advertisement