Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cricket

Options
  • 20-06-2003 2:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

i am wondering what kind of interest there is for this sport in Ireland. i have gotten into it from watching Sky's coverage. i live with a huge cricket fan from England BTW. the one day games are exciting where as the test matches are kind of boring but i believe they are a great day out if the weather is fine. i must watch one of the 20 20 games on the television

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

There is leagues around Ireland but its notas big as in England.The 20/20 games are fast and excitin compared to the test matches

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

The 20/20 are a great addition. The game lasts about 3 hours and plenty of action with players trying too hard to score runs and losing wickets as consequences. Good game. All cricket is good, esp the Ashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Ah, my dear old things.

Actually, I was at my first Ireland international game, versus South Africa last week in Castle Avenue.

Great day, great weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

nah i don't particularly like it much. i find it pretty boring. Its alright to just play with yur friends i suppose, but i guess u could just play rounders instead. When i was at the Eastern Tandoori(in cork) they had it on the tv there cuz india or somebody was playing, so they were all well into it.

Advertisement