Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie Question

Options
  • 20-06-2003 12:08am
    Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys ,
    I've just moved into my first house and dont have a phone line connected yet . Was thinking about making do with the mobile for a while ...

Is there any way I can get Sky connected without the line as I recall my folks did not have it connected ..

What is need for as theirs seems to work fine without it .. Sky active and all thet does anyway ???

Are there alternatives to the Sky box ,, Can someone point me in the right direction ..

Thanks .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

you could get Sky+ from a shop in the UK (in case you ever decide to get the recording facilities). buy the digibox outright (not take Sky's offer of cheap installation) or buy it 2nd hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭aersat

The only solution is to purchase a new or second hand box as the Sky free Digibox offer clearly states you must have the box connected to a fixed and operational phone line to qualify.
    Expect to pay at least £199 ster for a new box.Try www.creativesatellite.co.uk ,I believe they have a special offer of a Digibox/MiniDish/Lnb/cable and connectors for £195 ster excluding delivery at the moment.

Peter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

£199 Stg seems very expensive for a new digibox. Sky+ is available for that at the moment. Sky are providing second digiboxes for €159. Ebay usually has boxes available for alot less than that.

Advertisement