Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you had to...

• 18-06-2003 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I'm presuming many of you collect more than one comic...If you had to cut it down to only one, which would you pick? Hmm?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

ie. What's your favourite comic?

Um...Spawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

I'd go for johnny the the homicidal maniac... probably..

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Most of my purchases are moving more to the mini/maxi series type rather than ongoing, so it makes it a little bit harder for me.

I suppose the ongoing series I like the most at the moment is Ultimate Spiderman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

Base on what i really like at the moment id have to say B.P.R.D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Alias, by a nose over Ultimate X-Men.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Lone Wolf And Cub!

I think I'm gonna reread all of it I have tonight... damn. Gotta finish getting that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Y:The Last Man

I would say The Ultimates, but it's too slow - an issue every two months!!

They're trying to get it down to one every six weeks now, which is slightly better, I suppose :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Completing my Conan & Thor collections keeps me busy...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Lordy

Provided they ever start releasing it again ... Planetary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭skittishkitten

Witchblade :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

old stoneyface Judge dread

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Lordy
    Provided they ever start releasing it again ... Planetary.
    It's starting back up in a couple of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Hmm...your question intruigues me. I'd have to say 100 Bullets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

New to comics here, how much is the average comic book (if and example is needed, Spiderman)

Spiderman, Marvels greatest superhero.

€4.15 now, isn't it?

Much cheaper to buy online.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Lordy

Or just buy trade paperbacks.

Many advantages,

You dont have to wait another month to get the next installment,

They typically work out cheaper than buying the individual issues,

You dont have the problem of losing the second issue in a 5 parter,

You can call them graphic novels and not have people calling you nerd for collecting comics.*

Of course theres always going to be some comics which will never come out in tradepaper back, but what are you going to do?

*This is not a guarantee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Agar

Trade paperbacks/graphic novels/collections used to really piss me off. There I was dilligently handing over half my salary every week to forbidden planet, the other half to sub city and then having to borrow money when the third place opened, and the patient people who bouth the tpb got extra stuff!
    Kingdom Come was the worst offender. Wait for collected edition, get logo free cover reprints, promo art, and worst of all, four extra pages of Alex Ross art! I wised up quick after that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

If I had to cut myself down to one from the one's I buy at the month, it'd have to Wolverine and Gambit.
    Not for Wolverine(an interesting but extremely repititious character, but that's another story) as most who'd pick this would, but for Gambit. Simply because he's my favourite ever comic character.
    Just a pity he's so under/badly used.
    Though the storyline in the currnent Wolverine and Gambit is very good, it won't be goin for much longer, and that's pretty much it except for the (apparently) rubbish Gambit and Bishop Limited Series's.
    Even in the current Marvel comics here in Ireland, Gambit's just after getting a huge power boost in his own comic, and he remains exactly the same in the X-Men comics. Someone boobed on that one. =(
    Ah well, what a pity, never mind huh! =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

One comic??? just one comic a month?? are you tryin to starve my imagination. well ok as no one else has really hit on the old reliable marvel i have to say i'd stick with Wolverine and Gambit

• Advertisement
Advertisement