Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY + and FTV cards

Options
  • 18-06-2003 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Can anyone that recently started to use SKY+ let me know the following:

1 ) is it possible to marry a FTV card to a sky + box and receive ITV,Channel4 and channel5.

2 ) Is it possible to use the Sky + features with the FTV card and record programs on ITV ( for example) .

3 ) If so , would the series link work via theEPG for automatic recording. assuming you had the FTV card inserted in the sky + box ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Yes, it is possible to marry a FTV card to the Sky+ box as well as the regular Sky Sub card.

If you have an Irish Subscription with Sky+ activated and you swap the card, the Sky+ functionality will not work. The Sky+ functionality is on a card by card basis (just like the subscriptions). There have been people in the UK who have just a Sky+ subscription without subscribing to a Sky package but I am not sure if you could set that up here.

So it is not really possible to record ITV on Sky+ at the moment. However, I'm sure that ITV will be coming to Ireland any day now
    :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by bkearns
    Can anyone that recently started to use SKY+ let me know the following:

1 ) is it possible to marry a FTV card to a sky + box and receive ITV,Channel4 and channel5.

2 ) Is it possible to use the Sky + features with the FTV card and record programs on ITV ( for example) .

3 ) If so , would the series link work via theEPG for automatic recording. assuming you had the FTV card inserted in the sky + box ?

You pay €17 per month for the privilage of using Sky+ facilities therefore its not possible to use the Sky+ facilities on a non sub FTV card

Advertisement