Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old card still working...

Options
  • 18-06-2003 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭

Sky sent me out my new Sky Card over two months ago. After reading that it will make my UK card invalid, I resisted the temptation to use the new card.

My old card still works fine after all this time despite the documentation saying that it would cease to work after "a couple of days".

Is this a record?? Or have Sky simply not 'switched' over to the new cards yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Sky are still posting out cards so it will be a while yet before antything happens

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You new card could become invalid. If a card is not activated within a certain time of issue it "could" be made invalid.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭tony-od

I had my new card two months before changing it on monday and no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

Unfortunately you will soon get an 08 message on your screen which you will not be able to remove telling you that you must install your new card to maintain your viewing.

Was over in Majorca two weeks ago and one Bar I was in was showing Rugby League with this message plastered in the middle of the screen. Not a pretty sight!

My advice is that card swopping is tedious. I use two boxes side by side , one Irish , one uk ex sky sub .Means you can tape etc and not worry about cards getting screwed up etc...

bibi

Advertisement