Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New type FTV card problem

Options
  • 18-06-2003 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Sorry if this has been covered.

I had an old FTV card that was working fine before I left to work abroad, I was using it in conjuction with an irish sky sub. Before I left I cancelled my irish sky sub.

I'll be returning in Sept and plan to re-sub to sky. I assume I'll be sent a new irish sub card.
    Will I still be able to use my old FTV card with my new irish sub. ( I have since lost my contact in the UK who supplied me with my FTV)

Do old FTV cards operate with new sky sub cards?
    Did they issue new type FTV cards
    If so, have they stopped issuing new FTV cards?

Thks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by dgbr
    Sorry if this has been covered.

I had an old FTV card that was working fine before I left to work abroad, I was using it in conjuction with an irish sky sub. Before I left I cancelled my irish sky sub.

I'll be returning in Sept and plan to re-sub to sky. I assume I'll be sent a new irish sub card.
    Will I still be able to use my old FTV card with my new irish sub. ( I have since lost my contact in the UK who supplied me with my FTV)

Do old FTV cards operate with new sky sub cards?
    Did they issue new type FTV cards
    If so, have they stopped issuing new FTV cards?

Thks.

No, for most people the 'old FTV card will NOT work with a new Irish sub card. If i were you I would apply for a new FTV card immediately as there is some uncertenity about who is going to run the FTV card system in the future,Try Westsat -Luke davy -0044 1288 381749, but dont delay!! If you have no sucess there try some of the Co's in 'What Satellite' mag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭dosfromclare

Also other phone number:

Try

From ROI : 00441288381679
    FAX: 00441288381152
    email:info@west-sat.com

Advertisement