Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky end pretty impressed

Options
  • 17-06-2003 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭

Pretty impressed with sky so far, i signed up for sky digital on friday last, lo and behold sky card drops in my letter box 10 mins ago, now thats service, just have to wait for installer to contact me, will have to discuss cabling options and costs as per my pevious thread

Was a long standing analogue customer with sky for about 4 years wonder has that something got to with it

Regards

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

From the time you get the card to the time you notify the shop, how long does it take for the enginner to contact you as to when hes likely to be out to install the dish et al or is it just whenever he feels like picking up the phone

some people might find this useful as regards how much cable is included in the standard install, got this from sky when i e-mailed them

The standard cabling included in the installation of a Sky digital satellite
    system is as follows:

* 20 metres of cabling from the satellite dish to the Digibox

* 20 metres of cabling from the digibox to the TV link

* 10 metres of telephone cabling from the telephone socket to the
    modem

Regards

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Firstly 20metres is excessive and would not be considered by independent installers to be standard 15m max is the norm however sierra may be bound by this greater figure

Cabling to a TV link is definitely not included in digibox install, whoever sent you this mail is mistaken, perhaps they meant as part of the standard charge for a second point.

10 metres of cable from a telephone point is way out, I would find it difficult to even find a house that had a socket 10 metres away from TV.

Sounds like whoever sent you this mail is talking off the top of their head as reatilers have never received any such information or clarification on this from Sky.

About your install if its from a retailer the perhaps you should ring him/her to let them know your card has been received.

Hope it works out for you

Originally posted by shinzon
    From the time you get the card to the time you notify the shop, how long does it take for the enginner to contact you as to when hes likely to be out to install the dish et al or is it just whenever he feels like picking up the phone

some people might find this useful as regards how much cable is included in the standard install, got this from sky when i e-mailed them

system is as follows:

modem

Regards

Shin

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Dear ****
    Thank you for your email requesting information about installation cabling.

system is as follows:

modem

Should you need more than the standard amount of cabling provided, this will
    be charged at a rate per metre. This is payable to the - engineer at the
    time of installation, and can be made by cash, credit card or cheque with
    the guarantee card. To find out how much this is per metre call customer
    services on 1 800 535 767.

I trust that this information assists with your enquiry. If you require any
    further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email
    address.

Kind regards

Lynn Gibb
    Customer Admin

This is the full e-mail as proof, i dont like printing full names, but i thinks she wouldnt mind as this is what was written.

Anyhoo installers came just after i posted that last message, was charged nothing only the 15 euro, so im a happy bunny, ye wouldnt even know there was cables anywhere, very professional, were done in an hour

Regards

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I do not doubt the authenticity of the mail, its just that sky staff have a habit of saying and writing things which have no basis in fact.

Glad your install went well

Originally posted by shinzon
    Dear ****
    Thank you for your email requesting information about installation cabling.

system is as follows:

modem

Should you need more than the standard amount of cabling provided, this will
    be charged at a rate per metre. This is payable to the - engineer at the
    time of installation, and can be made by cash, credit card or cheque with
    the guarantee card. To find out how much this is per metre call customer
    services on 1 800 535 767.

I trust that this information assists with your enquiry. If you require any
    further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email
    address.

Kind regards

Lynn Gibb
    Customer Admin

This is the full e-mail as proof, i dont like printing full names, but i thinks she wouldnt mind as this is what was written.

Anyhoo installers came just after i posted that last message, was charged nothing only the 15 euro, so im a happy bunny, ye wouldnt even know there was cables anywhere, very professional, were done in an hour

Regards

Shin

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement