Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC has settled its long-running row with Sky

Options
  • 17-06-2003 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

"According to the Financial Times, BBC has settled its long-running row with British Sky Broadcasting over the satellite transmission of its channels. The two broadcasters have been at loggerheads since the BBC decided to discontinue using BSkyB's channel encryption and regionalisation systems in order to broadcast from a different satellite. BSkyB had said that would mean BBC1 and BBC2 would have to move off the top two slots of the satellite service's on-screen channel menu. The two companies have now worked out an agreement that will see BBC1 and BBC2 retain the top two slots on the menu."

I wonder if this means that they are still going FTA or staying encrypted?

/optip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Was it necessary to start another thread? Surely you saw the existing one.

Originally posted by optip
    "According to the Financial Times, BBC has settled its long-running row with British Sky Broadcasting over the satellite transmission of its channels. The two broadcasters have been at loggerheads since the BBC decided to discontinue using BSkyB's channel encryption and regionalisation systems in order to broadcast from a different satellite. BSkyB had said that would mean BBC1 and BBC2 would have to move off the top two slots of the satellite service's on-screen channel menu. The two companies have now worked out an agreement that will see BBC1 and BBC2 retain the top two slots on the menu."

I wonder if this means that they are still going FTA or staying encrypted?

/optip

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 47 optip

sorry dude... i looked but must have missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by optip
    sorry dude... i looked but must have missed it

Not a problem, say no more. Welcome to the satellite forum

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement