Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Question

Options
  • 16-06-2003 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Long time no hear..........

How come unlike people in Britain, Rte doesnt give licence holders an rte fta card....Surely if u have a licence, and have a digibox (with no subscription - i know u get rte if u subs to family pk) you should be able to do this, especially people like myslf with crappy tv3/tg4 receptions ??

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

The BBC pay their own carriage fees to Astra satellite, Sky pays RTE's fees on behalf of RTE. In essence, RTE are on satellite for free thanks to Sky, so if Sky decide that RTE will be subscription only then RTE will be subscription only.

I agree with you that it's a disgrace that a public broadcaster should be subscription only, and maybe now that the TV license fee has gone up RTE will be able to afford their own satellite carriage fees and go the FTA route of the BBC.

To be honest, the Sky/RTE deal in its current form was a only ever going to benefit Sky, and in my opinion RTE should never have signed it in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 alir123

Thanx Lennoxschips

;)

Advertisement