Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ominious EPG

Options
  • 16-06-2003 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭

Examining the Sky FTA EPG, I thought with BBC /Sky row over the BBC Radio and BBC Parliament would be back.

They arn't
    Nor is the FTA S4C~digidol on FTA EPG.

There might be some others missing too.

Even on my Digibox that has no ROI card this is the case.

Prior to ver 3.xx Sw and March you certinally could get a FTA (no pay channels) EPG with BBC Parliament and BBC Radio.

Is this just Sky "meaness" or a side effect of something else?

Certinally a FTA receiver with NO BBCi / Sky News Interactive would be earier than messing with Digibox "other channels" for BBC TV and Radio.

Any thoughts? The lack of S4C~digidol on FTA EPG does look good for ROI cancelled sub users post 10 July for BBC.

"Other Channels" is a pain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I wonder what happens if you put a FTV card into a box and then remove it. Are the BBC channels still on the EPG?

Could be a case of sort of activation by FTV card. You would definately need a second box though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Hrump...

A box with no Irish card behaves the same way, NON-ROI card in or out you get the "full" epg.

Card upside down and repower you get the FTA (no pay channels) EPG *WITHOUT* BBC Radio, BBC Parliament and S4C~digidol (and I think one or two other FTA).

This is ominous, but perhaps after the BBC EPG changes next week Sky will turn back on the FTA channels on FTA EPG they obviosly turned off when BBC / Sky row started. I'm sure I did have FTA BBC / S4C proir to March, but can't remember if it was also prior to Ver 3.xx EPG SW

Advertisement