Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW EPG positions for the BBC

Options
  • 16-06-2003 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

According to mediabullet:
    BBC Three and BBC Four are set to move to new EPG positions next week. From Monday the 23rd, BBC Three can be found on 115 with BBC Four on 116.

Could this be got to do with to do with the new agreement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

I'm sure it does have something to do with the new agreement.

The radio section will also be seeing some changes soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

?

I bet the other channels will be píssed by this queue jumping. I'd be sceptical....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I believe that originally the Disney Channel was on 115.

Sky could really do with a proper reshuffle of all the entertainment channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it is all happening on Wednesday

what are the chances of the FTA BBC radio channels appearing on our EPG on Wednesday

Aye, it is happening, confirmed elsewhere... (MHP)

And I was wrecking me head as to what was there on 115 before, and yes, the Disney Channel before it went off to oblivion in the kiddies section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Originally posted by DMC
    Aye, it is happening, confirmed elsewhere... (MHP)

There were voiceovers on the end of a couple of BBC TWO programmes last night, mentioning the change. I wonder what they'll do with 160/161/162?

BBC ONE NI, Wales and Scotland?? An idea anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

What are these EPG channels? I have BBC1 & 2 on 214 and 215. Do other people have different ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

In the UK BBC THREE and BBC FOUR are moving from 160 and 161 to 115 and 116.

There is quite a bit of talk about EPG placement of the BBCs at the moment but this is applicable to UK customers (or people with Free To View cards from the UK).

Originally posted by DMC
    BBC ONE NI, Wales and Scotland?? An idea anyway.

Yes, I thought this too. But maybe they want to keep them all together. Having said that, there is a lot of space from 160 onwards, isn't there? I think the next channel is 181, so that could give them enough room for all regions!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Macros42
    What are these EPG channels? I have BBC1 & 2 on 214 and 215. Do other people have different ones?

BBC ONE and TWO are on 101 and 102 om the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

BBC6 Music has moved from 911 to 870, just noticed this morning. (I turned on the stereo and Radio 4 was on instead of 6 music!)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Oh yeah, just noticed! BBC Three has moved, as has BBC Four. They're better placed on the EPG now! Only ITV2 remains amongst the obscure channels (probably where it belongs considering the rubbish on it)!

Radio Cymru :mad: and World Service are gone from the Irish EPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

Nice touch as regards the movement of some BBC Channels i.e. bbc3,4 and six music.

If you had them set as favourite channels and tune them by this method you go to them automatically.

Basically if you have channels set as favourites you'll always be able t o follow them!!

THats it for now folks!

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    Radio Cymru :mad: and World Service are gone from the Irish EPG

Radio Cymru - that doesn't matter too much - but the World Service - surely this goes against what the World Service is for?

Originally posted by Richard
    Radio Cymru - that doesn't matter too much - but the World Service - surely this goes against what the World Service is for?

Radio Cymru was handy because it meant keying in 904 and having 5 live at night time. my Other Channels list is constantly deleting itself and i never have more than 10 channels in there

Advertisement