Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

info on cw888 year 2

• 16-06-2003 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭

hi guys,
    i did it i passed, yippy. has anyone completed year 2 in cw888 as i didnt think i would pass so i dont know what lies a head of me, so if any of ye have any idea about the course give me a shout so i will have an idea what to look forward to.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Beats me.
    But if you try here you should get some info under the academics section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Hi car,

I did cw888, year two, and expect it to be four million times easier than first year.

You are going to get a lot of repeat crap, like all the stuff you did in first year done again in more detail.
    It's not hard.
    I hear loads of people in your class are trying to get in to the programming course, whats the story with that?
    Surely its a bit premature on there behalf, five months of vb and programming experts. ;) love it.

gogo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭lulu

I did yr2 with gogo and it was grand, the only thing i didnt like was maths cause im crap at it but if u have margaret power u will do fine. she is scary but a great lecturer.

ps gogo start answering yr texts, im being to get paranoid!
    Was talking to jen and she says the same. Get in touch soon!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

were ye in cw88 this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭car

yeah just finish 1st year about 3 weeks ago. I havent got work experiance yet so i decided to take the option of doing it during the summer where i only have to do operating systems 2 and databases until September. I thought it was the easier option with only having to do two subjects over the summer and then do the other subjects in september to december.
    Next Janurary i have to do the work experiance part, i hoping if get a good work place that if they think i am any good that they will hold on to me.

• Advertisement

I got my work experience in the Aib bank centre iin dublin and they were great, They gave me two free computers, and any hard ware that i wanted, really sound, and great pay, loads of holidays and hang overs. I loved it there, if they offer a placement there this year go for it car, you just can't go wrong with them.

Lulu, i'm getting no texts off anybody:( (loner),
    Might i add jen hasn't text me since the sixties.
    will talk to you soon lu. promise.

gogo

sounds great gogo!! think I will apply for an interview there for work experiance in Janurary. Did you do 1st year and go straight into 2nd year or did you go straight into work experiance,

hardly anyone has got work experiance out of my class this year so the majority are either going into 2nd year on Monday or going into other courses like the programming course. I think they are mad changing course.

No, lu and i did first year and then work experience and then second year and then third year and hopefully forth year next.

I think they are crazy to change courses, as i said five months of vb does not a progrmmer make, but then again i heard some of them are quite good at it, so i suppose the best of luck to them. But ITS is such a good course, you get everything in there for half the time of a normal course including work experence.
    Its really diffferent to normal course, when we started third year it was so different to ITS it was unbelievable, none of the lectures gave a **** really, and work is entirely up to you, where as in ITS there is someone pushing you all the time.
    anyway.

gogo

is the operating systems and database course hard as i am back in the course started on monday? we have 8 weeks to do these 2 subjects. there are 9 people in my class. bigger than last years class. is there any way u can get past assement exams for the course.

I have all my notes from ITS stilll (so orgainised is me), will take a look and see what i can find for you, if we got to keep it, i should have it, and it will be way easier doing the subjects the way you are doing them.
    I will take a look around for you. I am in college during the summer repeating so will probably be able to meet you if i find anything.

gogo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Did Year 1, repeated 2 subjetcs, did work experience in AIB Support Centre, in Naas. Totally crap! People are sound, but it's all desk-type stuff.
    Got in trouble for falling asleep. Thats how boring it was. More boring than a double lecture with Norman the physics teacher!
    Will be starting year 2 on Monday. 1 week late 'cos my contract only finished today.
    Can't wait to go back. Carlow. Yippee! :-D

Just hope I don't get stuck with Miss Piggy (Margret Power). She f***in' hates me!

gogo, if you find your notes and dont mind giving me them so i could copy them, i would be very greatful. and if you have any of the pass assments papers i would happliy kill for them, as thats the only way i passed the year by picking up the marks in the exams during the term.

it doesnt seem to bad at the mo, but we are only back a week, i really like this monday to thurday week it's great as when i did the cw019 in first year i never came in on a friday anyway, hense thats why i failed and doing this course. is it the management course that you went on to do in 3rd year.

car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Shamo

How come you lads are back already? Are yous doing the course through the summer as an option or what?

We are doing a two year course in 18 months with 6 months of work experiance in the middle of the course. yeah i know it sucks been in college for the summer but it's not that bad. it's monday to thursday 9:30 to 4:30 but normally finished at around 4.

we are only doing two subjects for the summer and get examed in about 7 weeks time when the others are back repeating their autumn exams. then we get about 2 weeks off and then back to the grind again in september to december doing 4 other subject.
    there's only 7 people in the class at the mo so we are kind of noticed if you dont attend the classes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

sweet machines;
    1.5 Ghz
    256MB RAM
    32MB GeForce 2 MX
    biggish vdu's

cd-rom
    250MB zip disk drives.

sweet connection;
    100mps
    (12MB d/l rate)

Friday's off.

9:30 till 3ish

=====
    =====

Yeah. This be good.

Currently listening to Machine Head with Winamp. :cool:

Also an "officail" Redhat Linux 9 machine. 1 per person :cool: :cool:

Can't wait till I start the programming part of the course.

Advertisement