Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky digital but no phone?

Options
  • 16-06-2003 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi gary here and i'm new to the boards.

I want to get digital in my new house in the next few weeks but i have seen that in order to get digital you have to have an active phone line and with this being my first house and paying a mortgage for the very first time i wasn't planning on getting a phone line installed as i can't really afford it at the minute and i don't want to get a phone line just to get digital.

Want i want to know is there any way i can get digital without having a phone line.Can i buy a second hand dish,box etc and pay sky the €30 a month for the veiwing card??
    Any help on this matter is appreciated.

CheeRS
    Gary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes.

The phone line is for a year, so check out cost of
    Sky Box,
    Cable,
    LNB
    Dish
    Install

Versus
    1 year phone rental + subsidised free system / install (€15?).

Chorus Wireless loop phone is about €13 and will work with Digibox.

After one year you can cancel phone, even if keeping Sky Sub.

You might find paying extra 156 Euro for phone line (for a year) is cheaper than buying all the Sky bits etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

You could buy a second hand box but what watty suggests makes sense monetarily and you also get the benefit of the phone which will save money in comparison to using your mobile for calls. Hurry though 15 offer ceases this Thursday

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement