Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky+ installation question

Options
  • 13-06-2003 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

I have a 4-output (Quad ?) LNB with a Triax dish.
    This goes to a feed around my house - an active splitter that takes the 4 outputs from the LNB (+-22, can't quite remember what they're called) and combines the feed along with the Cablelink feed to splitters (diplexers I think they're called.....not the "popular people's front" hehee)

My question :
    if I get a Sky+ box will this setup work ok ? I've been reading about the necessity for a quad-lnb but dont know if my setup will be ok since I only have one co-ax run to each point in the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

You will need to have a second cable run to the Sky+ box to use the recording functionality. Sky+ has two tuners so needs two feeds from the dish.

With regards to your current setup, how many rooms are connected up. Obviously the quad supplies four feeds, two for Sky+ and two spare. If you only need to get the signal to two other rooms then you are probably ok with the quad that comes with the Sky+ box.

Advertisement