Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend quattro lnb for a sky dish

Options
  • 12-06-2003 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

can anyone recommend a good quattro lnb for a sky dish ive been looking around but all i can find are ones for a normal dish

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

They say the one made by Philips is a good one. I take it you want it for a $ky mini dish. also you can look here.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Gorgon

chernobyl Here
    all that i could see was the quad lnb for the Sky Minidish thats not what im looking for. A quattro lnb is different to a quad lnb
    a quad lnb allows you connect 4 digiboxs directly to the lnb, a quattro lnb allows you to split the low vert, low horz, high vert and the high horz then attach these to a multi-switch likeone of the Spaun switches with your normal terrestrial signal, feed these to a diplexer which seperates the sat signal and the terrestrial signal and feeds your digibox and tv.
    greenman They say the one made by Philips is a good one. I take it you want it for a $ky mini dish. also you can look here.
    greenman couldnt find any just explanations is there a site that u can buy the philips one on?:confused:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've never heard of a quattro LNB for a Sky Minidish. I'm not sure if one exists. You'd be better getting a proper "standard" 60cm or 80cm sat dish and getting a standard quattro LNB.

byte I've never heard of a quattro LNB for a Sky Minidish. I'm not sure if one exists. You'd be better getting a proper "standard" 60cm or 80cm sat dish and getting a standard quattro LNB.
    thats just what i was wondering that but ive heard of communal installations of sky digital where they would use a multi-switch but wheather they use a mini-dish or a normal one i dont know would be a surprise if sky didnt use their own equip, ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

greenman couldnt find any just explanations is there a site that u can buy the philips one on?
    and

Try here and here. and let me know if this of use.

thanks greenman the second link had a reference to a quattro lnb. Seems that they dont exist for a mini-dish:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

My bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

...wondering

Muck ...wondering
    no just wanted to mess around i know i could get normal dish but im getting a free mini-dish and wanted to see if there existed a quattro lnb for a mini-dish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement