Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westsat

Options
  • 11-06-2003 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

How long does it usually take a FTV card ordered from Luke Davy to come? My orders sent for 2 weeks.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

You probably should have it by now - I've ordered two from him. Why not Email him - he usually replies pretty fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Mark_irl

I got mine after 4 days, activated the very next day, email him or phone, he's grand to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by Mark_irl
    I got mine after 4 days, activated the very next day, email him or phone, he's grand to deal with.

I have to agree with you, nothing is a problem with him, I got six cards from him recently and all activated, the only problem I have, is waiting for BBC1 to come on ,that can be a headache

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Originally posted by digitaldr
    You probably should have it by now - I've ordered two from him. Why not Email him - he usually replies pretty fast.

Could you send me on his email address?
    I have tried mailing
    info@west-sat a few times in the last few weeks but never get a reply. I already have an old FTV from them and need a new version one.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I've PM'd you the Email Ludo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭mike2084

My card arrived today. Now I need some help to get it going. I just want ITV, C4 & 5 as I want to card swap and I don't want it married to my box. Will leaving it in for a while bring on ITV, C4 & 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It needs to be activated to work at all. AFIK only the BBC gets "married" to box which won't matter after 10th July.

If not activated within a suitable period (weeks) it might not activate at all.

The activation method may be different with new cards, they may just need put in box (and the BBC will marry). You used to have to ring the FTV call centre to get card turned on.

Mike "Watty" ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

There are two methods of activation at the moment.

1) If you give the digibox details at the time of ordering the card, then they can pair up the card straight away and all you have to do when you receive it is to put it into the box. It should come on almost straight away.

2) The old fashioned way. You just order the card and when it arrives, you then phone the FTV line and give them the details. They then send out the activation signal. It can take up to 24 hours (but usually doesn't) for the channels to activate (with the exception of BBC1 which can take up to 72 hours).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I ordered a card from Westsat last Wednesday and recived it today. Put it in the box and rang Luke with all the details. He said he would ring BBC straight away.

Awaiting activation now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 IPFreely

Can you email me west-sat's email address also digitaldr? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i had to put my new sub card in tonight because of an annoying message appearing on screen every 2 minutes. now my FTV card is useless. could someone PM me the email address for west-sat. i've forgotten it from last time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Has anyone ever activated a card from Westsat using the automated service?

If so what phone number did they give?

Advertisement