Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The order of things

Options
  • 11-06-2003 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭

I have most of the disk world books but i have never really read them in any kind of order

i was wondering does anyone one out there know in what order all the diferent story's go, not in what order they were published but if you wanted to follow the story of one of the charachters like death for example you could read the death trilogy in order

mort
    reaper man
    soul music

what order the nightwatch books go in (good old vimes)
    and what order the rincewind books go in
    and the witch books go in etc.

any help would be gratful

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

Generally speaking I think they go in the order they were published.

Off the top of my head though, the watch series goes like this:

Guards! Guards!
    Men at Arms
    Feet of Clay
    Jingo
    The Fifth Elephant
    Night Watch

(though some of the characters also appear in other books too eg Hogfather and The Truth)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

If you check out
    http://www.ie.lspace.org/

it has a comprehensive section on the timeline of the books and thebest order to read them in, often with comments from Terry hinself.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Thanks a million guys

Advertisement