Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TG4 + Irish channels available via sat ?

Options
  • 10-06-2003 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

IS TG4 / TV na Gailige available via satellite ? How about RTE tv and TV 3 ? What options are there if I want to watch Irish tv in mainland Europe.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Originally posted by DannyD
    IS TG4 / TV na Gailige available via satellite ? How about RTE tv and TV 3 ? What options are there if I want to watch Irish tv in mainland Europe.

thanks in advance.

It is available through SKY DIGITAL on an IRISH card which has a family package or higher.

In Europe the only easy option is to watch it in an IRISH bar
    the other way is kinda complicated and someone else will explain it :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

What part of Europe are we talking? RTE1, Net2, TV3, TG4, RTE Radio1, 2fm, RnaG and LyricFM are on Astra 2D.

You would need a Sky Digibox with Sky subscription which you would have to get via Irish address. The minumum subscription for these (radio channels are free) is €26.99 per month.

You'd want to make sure that you'll be able to pick up Astra 2D though as it's on a narrow beam.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

See if you can pick up any of the FTA chennels listed here (basically the ones that don't have "Videoguard" listed next to their name) (the ones listed as 2D on the right-hand side, not Eurobird). If you can't pick them up you're out of the 2D footprint. If you can you should be OK (you'll still have to go through the prodecure of getting an Irish sub card though)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I'm in Belgium and have The Family Pack from $ky giving me RTE1,Net2,TV3 and TG4. My mother signed up and I brought the box over and activated the card with a mobile with ID switched off. I'm meant to be connected to the phone in the ROI but heard nothing "touch wood".
    Its important we know where you are as the signal for RTE etc dose not stretch so far over over europe. Hope this is of help feel free to ask more questions and look at FAQ at the top of the page, it might be of help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

or you can look at this link

http://www.vowles-home.demon.co.uk/Sat/Sky.htm

and if you still cannot find the answer drop me a line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Thanks for the replies.I am wondiner about reception in Germany.I'm not there atm but hopefully soon.I can't be more specific about which part of Germany as I don't know myself.Is there a map with the 2d beam projection across Europe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

As you move east, the dish needed for 2D gets bigger. I'm sure I heard of reception in Berlin, but I can't remember dish size.

Anything more than 90cm is expensive, more than 1.2m is very expensive.

Once you go to really big dishes a double diameter might be TEN times the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stiabhna

Hi,

I'm in Stuttgart (Southwest Germany) and get get all the RTE channels and ITV with a 90 cm dish no problem.

You can get a 100 cm dish here in Mediamarkt for € 50.

Cheers,

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

So has anyone got an image of what the the required dish sizes are in Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Look here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Sin e an Fear

Or here...

Advertisement